Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

what eprom burner should i get i want to make repros

Feb 7, 2008 at 7:44:26 PM
popibros1 (0)
(, ,) < Little Mac >
California
can you guys give me a link to what eprom burner i should get to make NES repros

-------------------------

Edited: 02/07/2008 at 09:28 PM by popibros1

Feb 12, 2008 at 4:12:49 PM
albailey (55)
(Al Bailey) < Lolo Lord >
Ontario

I own two. I dont like either one.

One is a Dual Power Willem Universal Programmer (cost me about $65 total). It requies that you manually set jumpers and it doesnt work with a certain type of flash chip I bought. I also dont think its being maintained much anymore. It only used USB for its power and a parallel cable for its communication. That another reason I disliked it because I dont had to use a different computer (one with a parallel port) to be able to use it.

The other unit I have is a Top 2005 USB universal which cost me about $115 total. It also was giving me grief with some of my other chips, but overall its not bad.

One thing to note( that I cannot personally verify ) is that most people believe that you should use an external power source (rather than USB) to power your EPROM programmer. The specs for some chips indicate that the voltage is not high enough. I've only ever used USB power for mine, so if those Sudokus stop working 10 years from now, thats why.

Edit- heres a link to one on ebay from China (note the high shipping cost and the risk of paying duties)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=13019...

Just search for: top2005  its usually cheaper on ebay than buying directly from mcumall.com

Again note that it can be a real pain depending on the chips you use.

Al

-------------------------

My Gameboy collection  97% complete.          My N64 collection   88% complete

My Gamecube collection  99% complete        My NES collection   97% complete

Edited: 02/12/2008 at 04:19 PM by albailey