Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Getting a Xiao Ma Li machine up and running

Sep 29 at 2:20:45 AM
fcgamer (101)

(Dave ) < Bowser >
Pennsylvania
I've been in the market for a Xiao Ma Li machine for years, but this past week I saw a guy fairly local to me had one up for sale, for a very very very cheap price. Oh, and it wasn't just one machine, there were three of them. Also, unlike most of the machines I see for sale (which are modern made), these were actually older, probably had been used in a seedy gambling den or something, which I quite like.

The problem is that I don't actually know how to get these up and running, though the guy I got them from said they are indeed functional.

There are three plugs / ports on the side of the machine. I'm guessing the white one is where a power cable would go, but I don't have a power cable to fit this, and I don't know what sort of power these take.

Also I've got no idea about the other two ports on the side, I'm guessing maybe they relate to hooking it up to a monitor or computer or something related to actually using these for gambling, but it's just a guess.

Anyone here have suggestions or tips to get these powered up? I'm genuinely excited to try these out.

Thanks everyone!

-------------------------
-----
Family Bits:  An Unauthorized, Complete Guide to Famicom, Dendy, and Pegasus

https://famicomfamilybits.wordpre...

Sep 29 at 2:55:41 AM
Jeevan (4)
< Crack Trooper >
Indiana
see discord for power cable i posted, although i dont know the input etc. for it, but it looks like old pc building cables and plugs imo

maybe these were linked to one "server" and acted as individual hard drives basically.

-------------------------
Anybody want a butterscotch?

Edited: 09/29/2019 at 02:56 AM by Jeevan