Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

"Credit card trick"/Foam swab/Which lubricant to use?

LOCKED TOPIC

Apr 21, 2015 at 9:13:09 PM
HochiKongCountry (0)

< Little Mac >
Seen some pretty contradictory claims on here as to the best way to clean a SNES (or any console really) and games. Likely to go with Deoxit contact cleaner using a swab, then use a magic eraser if need be as far as the games go, then do the old credit card trick with a microfiber cloth damped with Deoxit.

Some people claim Deoxit is the holy grail of console maintenance and some people despise it, so I'm not really sure who to believe. What do you guys use to resurrect old consoles/clean contacts/pins etc.? I'm sure some of you have ingenius formulae I'd never have thought of.

Keep in mind I have very little technical skills so I'm not about to start desoldering and resoldering components or anthing like that unless I absolutely have to. Got a couple of SNES's that work but are very, very temperamental and it'd be nice to not have to spend ten minutes mucking around every time I want to put a new game in the thing.

I know I've been making crazy amounts of posts since I registered, so apologies for that, but I finally got an account so I Thought I'd get it all out at once. Thanks in advance for any help, and I'm not gonna do any of this till I hear from you guys so there's no need for anyone to go berserk if one of the things I suggested is potentially damaging.

Apr 21, 2015 at 9:19:51 PM
HochiKongCountry (0)

< Little Mac >
Never mind, seems to all be covered in the FAQ. Not sure I can delete the OP. Apologies.

Apr 22, 2015 at 12:39:16 PM
RegularGuyGamer (110)
(Kyle aka Zombieguygeezus ) < Master Higgins >
Pennsylvania
Yeah for SNES games, just throw them in the dish washer

-------------------------