Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

I discovered the God-tier NES controller Sansui Joycard SSS

Sep 01 at 8:00:02 AM
Speedy_NES (158)
(< Pieter >) < Kraid Killer >
Belgium
I was reminded of this thread while browsing an old EGM Buyer's Guide. Even back in the day it was considered the best controller of 1989 (see attached photo, top left corner). Photo from archive.org.

Sep 01 at 8:08:24 AM
rlh (67)
(Richard ) < King Solomon >
North Carolina
I liked the bit about the "Worst Propaganda Film" and though the review is slanted, Nintendo has always maintained that fun games will sell, and they've never chased hardware performance. Eat it EGM, Nintendo won anyway.

-------------------------
Please check out my --> WANT LIST (FIXED!)
~ Trading for a Bit of Everything ~

Sep 01 at 10:45:54 AM
AirVillain (15)
< King Solomon >
British Columbia
Article is spot on, great share!!

AirVillain    
"Way cool, dude!"

Sep 01 at 7:51:02 PM
mbd39 (1)
(Michael ) < Bowser >
Arkansas
Originally posted by: rlh

I liked the bit about the "Worst Propaganda Film" and though the review is slanted, Nintendo has always maintained that fun games will sell, and they've never chased hardware performance. Eat it EGM, Nintendo won anyway.

I'd actually take 1989 NES over most of the 16-bit competition.

Reigning NA 2018 Beat Em Up Champion

Sep 02 at 2:37:16 PM
punch-out!!84 (26)
(Mac ) < Eggplant Wizard >
Illinois
I just picked one of these bad boys up

Sep 03 at 11:19:01 PM
VmprHntrD (0)
< El Ripper >
United States
I owned one of these in the last 7-10 years and it was quite fascinating. That post breaking it down years ago to start the read here was pretty much on it. I actually did try out that stereo audio and it was pretty amazing in some games, not so hot in others as it would attempt to split the audio. When it got it right it was really nice much like the earlier top loader stereo mods which would split the sound in a similar style but internally. Either way audio or not that controller is beyond well made, the turbo was a nice touch and it was comfy to use over longer periods. I don't care to buy one again so I don't know if they got expensive or not, but it's a worthy one to own which isn't often said about usually third party junk.