Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

2018 NA Weekly Contest Tournament : Second Round Contest ends Sunday, 11/11/18 at 11 PM NA Time

Nov 5, 2018 at 5:05:05 PM
mbd39 (1)
(Michael ) < Bowser >
Arkansas
Stage 3 Abobo seems to always get in a cheap shot that ends my run. I keep wanting to play for low score, but the low score strat for stage 3 is so risky especially when there is a one life rule.

-------------------------
Reigning NA 2018 Beat Em Up Champion

Nov 5, 2018 at 7:14:49 PM
gutsman004 (126)
(Guts Man) < Wiz's Mom >
Texas
Originally posted by: Bea_Iank

Originally posted by: mbd39

Unfortunately I'm really out of practice at DD2 and it's approximately 5 times harder for me than DD1. Huge potential for cheap deaths all throughout.

Not that it matters because we're probably playing Super Mario Bros. 3 in the finals. I hope I'm wrong.

Considering that I am the one curating the games for the tournament, with some input from Guil, what do you think are the odds for SMB3, the Mario game I hate the most, to show as the last game?  
I will pick a very easy and great, classic game from my list of favourite games, clearly.

Crap,we are playing Ikari Warriors. We are all doomed. That or Bad Street Brawler. Either way....doomed.

Nov 5, 2018 at 7:18:56 PM
gutsman004 (126)
(Guts Man) < Wiz's Mom >
Texas
Originally posted by: Krunch

Originally posted by: gutsman004

Originally posted by: Krunch

GG everyone, I have no chance at Life Force

Bowing out already?

We both got games that we're good at in the second round. I'm really, really thankful that I'm not playing Life Force against you and bert.

Poor Krunch lol.

It’s the game I am second best at,the first being Mega Man. I think I know how I am going to approach this week.

I honestly might as well hang up my hat, it’s no secret I’m terrible at schmups.  My only hope rests on you or beet not posting a score lol.  Idk is it cowardly or dignified to just bow out?

I respect the hell out of you as a gamer Krunch,so you'll get no argument from me. I'd feel the same way if we were playing Marble Madness this round. I'd be screwed. However,in the spirit of the contest I would post a score,even if it were a meager one

Edited: 11/05/2018 at 07:19 PM by gutsman004

Nov 5, 2018 at 7:25:42 PM
mbd39 (1)
(Michael ) < Bowser >
Arkansas

Unfortunately I'm really out of practice at DD2 and it's approximately 5 times harder for me than DD1. Huge potential for cheap deaths all throughout.

Not that it matters because we're probably playing Super Mario Bros. 3 in the finals. I hope I'm wrong.

Considering that I am the one curating the games for the tournament, with some input from Guil, what do you think are the odds for SMB3, the Mario game I hate the most, to show as the last game?  
I will pick a very easy and great, classic game from my list of favourite games, clearly.

Crap,we are playing Ikari Warriors. We are all doomed. That or Bad Street Brawler. Either way....doomed.

I'm expecting a trap devisut by Satan.

Nov 5, 2018 at 7:38:11 PM
gutsman004 (126)
(Guts Man) < Wiz's Mom >
Texas
It's been a while since I've played Life Force and it shows. I am rusty. Shouldn't take too long to knock the rust off but definitely not up to par.

Honestly I have been playing the crap out of a game lately to get as good at it as I am at Mega Man. I hope it gets picked but I doubt it. It's been played in the contests before (not for any tournament to my knowledge) so there's a chance.

Nov 5, 2018 at 7:55:17 PM
Bea_Iank (4)
(Beatrice Bueno Iank) < Master Higgins >
Brazil
Rambo is such a lovely, lovely game.

A paragon of purity, chastity and innocence.
Fair reminder that I don't weigh the same as a duck, so I am not made of wood and therefore I am no witch.
Sometimes I don't know where in the world I am.

Nov 5, 2018 at 8:20:34 PM
gutsman004 (126)
(Guts Man) < Wiz's Mom >
Texas

Rambo is such a lovely, lovely game.

I do like it. Also like Athena. Have both CIB.

Nov 5, 2018 at 9:50:23 PM
mbd39 (1)
(Michael ) < Bowser >
Arkansas
22,440 - GAME COMPLETED

Edited: 11/09/2018 at 06:17 PM by mbd39

Nov 5, 2018 at 9:54:55 PM
gutsman004 (126)
(Guts Man) < Wiz's Mom >
Texas
^Nice score!

Nov 5, 2018 at 9:57:01 PM
gutsman004 (126)
(Guts Man) < Wiz's Mom >
Texas
Also shout out to Skinny for beating me in the NA NES fantasy football league. He may have killed my playoff chances. Hah.

Nov 5, 2018 at 10:01:12 PM
mbd39 (1)
(Michael ) < Bowser >
Arkansas

^Nice score!

Thanks. It's most likely enough to get to the next round, but I'd still like to beat the game this week.

The one life rule is stressful as hell for DD2 heh. As you know, there are many places where it's easy to die.

Nov 5, 2018 at 11:51:21 PM
gutsman004 (126)
(Guts Man) < Wiz's Mom >
Texas

^Nice score!

Thanks. It's most likely enough to get to the next round, but I'd still like to beat the game this week.

The one life rule is stressful as hell for DD2 heh. As you know, there are many places where it's easy to die.

I've been working on Life Force most of the night. Honestly,if Krunch is truly that bad at shooters,I'm just going to play conservatively.

No offense to Krunch,just strategy. Love ya Krunch!

Edited: 11/05/2018 at 11:52 PM by gutsman004

Nov 6, 2018 at 12:04:57 AM
skinnygrinny (68)
(a.k.a. the grinder. kobra kai! 42 foot tapeworm. Dragon kid. Sqoon kid. Surfer brah!) < Master Higgins >
Florida

Also shout out to Skinny for beating me in the NA NES fantasy football league. He may have killed my playoff chances. Hah.

Well now we both have the same record but I stil think it’s possible to slip into the playoffs. 

2016 - weekly contest "trash talker"

"...fated to pretend" - M.G.M.T.

Nov 6, 2018 at 12:06:23 AM
skinnygrinny (68)
(a.k.a. the grinder. kobra kai! 42 foot tapeworm. Dragon kid. Sqoon kid. Surfer brah!) < Master Higgins >
Florida

^Nice score!

I've been working on Life Force most of the night. Honestly,if Krunch is truly that bad at shooters,I'm just going to play conservatively.

Double points boss glitch! 

Nov 6, 2018 at 12:08:49 AM
gutsman004 (126)
(Guts Man) < Wiz's Mom >
Texas
Originally posted by: skinnygrinny

^Nice score!

Double points boss glitch! 

I'm not even exploiting that lol. Just kind of taking it easy,avoiding risks,and trying not to die lol.

Nov 6, 2018 at 12:15:20 AM
gutsman004 (126)
(Guts Man) < Wiz's Mom >
Texas
And I don't know why,but I get a sinking feeling that the next round of games is going to involve an Adventure Island game. 🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮

Nov 6, 2018 at 12:28:02 AM
skinnygrinny (68)
Florida

And I don't know why,but I get a sinking feeling that the next round of games is going to involve an Adventure Island game.

I was going to predict Adventure Island but it has been played in the final pretty recently. 

Nov 6, 2018 at 12:55:52 AM
gutsman004 (126)
(Guts Man) < Wiz's Mom >
Texas

And I don't know why,but I get a sinking feeling that the next round of games is going to involve an Adventure Island game.

I was going to predict Adventure Island but it has been played in the final pretty recently. 

They made three of those monstrosities for the nes. Lol.

Nov 6, 2018 at 12:57:32 AM
gutsman004 (126)
(Guts Man) < Wiz's Mom >
Texas
Honestly they are not bad games per se but I just absolutely abhor the hunger meter mechanic. I don't want to be forced into speed running the game.

Nov 6, 2018 at 12:58:37 AM
bertsampson (11)
(Andrew Bradley) < Meka Chicken >
Washington

Actually four...great games!

Nov 6, 2018 at 1:12:51 AM
gutsman004 (126)
(Guts Man) < Wiz's Mom >
Texas
Originally posted by: bertsampson

That's right. Never played the fourth one. Personally I wouldn't say they are great but they are not bad. Still hate the hunger meter.

Nov 6, 2018 at 1:17:09 AM
mbd39 (1)
(Michael ) < Bowser >
Arkansas
Maybe it'll be Mighty Bomb Jack. Now there's an underrated game.

Nov 6, 2018 at 1:25:51 AM
bertsampson (11)
Washington

That's right. Never played the fourth one. Personally I wouldn't say they are great but they are not bad. Still hate the hunger meter.
I only say great because of nostalgia.  I didn't play much of 2 or 3 until more recently, but back in the day, we played the first Adventure Island for hours and hours.  Never did beat it back then, but it was still fun to play.

Honestly, I picked Life Force because I didn't feel like playing Punch-Out!!, and definately not DD2.  It wasn't until you guys started talking about the contest last year that I looked it up and read about the fun you all had figuring out the scoring.

Nov 6, 2018 at 1:26:23 AM
bertsampson (11)
Washington

Maybe it'll be Mighty Bomb Jack. Now there's an underrated game.

Mighty Bomb Jack would be fine.  I'm ok at that one...

Nov 6, 2018 at 9:29:57 AM
skinnygrinny (68)
Florida

I only say great because of nostalgia.  I didn't play much of 2 or 3 until more recently, but back in the day, we played the first Adventure Island for hours and hours.  Never did beat it back then, but it was still fun to play.

Honestly, I picked Life Force because I didn't feel like playing Punch-Out!!, and definately not DD2.  It wasn't until you guys started talking about the contest last year that I looked it up and read about the fun you all had figuring out the scoring.
I don’t think AI 2 or 3 is classic enough for a final. I didn’t know there is a fourth. What is it called? Maybe I do know it. 

Bert the life force score solely depends on how many bosses you can execute the glitch on. I’m pretty sure you can loop it three times on one life. 

Id like to see classic DK/jr. on NES in the finals. 

Edited: 11/06/2018 at 09:30 AM by skinnygrinny