NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Selling out starting to part everything out, spreadsheet attached

LOCKED TOPIC

Aug 13, 2018 at 9:36:37 PM
1337bcc1991 (215)
(Brandon ) < King Solomon >
Michigan
I have begun piecing out my collection.  I had an offer for the entire thing, but decided against it as parting out is defiantly the way to go as I'm not in a huge rush for funds.  Also, I get to keep my N64 collection and a few other pieces for myself now which is nice.  Anyways, I just sold the first portion of stuff in a local meet-up with a fellow NAer.  I have spreadsheet link in this thread.  I want to sell both of the WoN display cases together (unless I got some crazy offer on only one).

spreadsheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadshe...

imgur link:
https://imgur.com/a/3tzzDB7...

-------------------------
Want thread:
http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...
Sale thread:

Edited: 09/16/2018 at 07:30 PM by 1337bcc1991

Aug 13, 2018 at 9:39:05 PM
Trevor (15)

< Meka Chicken >
United States
Good luck pursuing other goals, man! GLWS

Aug 13, 2018 at 9:50:09 PM
rdools (91)
(Rick Dools) < Lolo Lord >
Ontario
I think you may value this more than anyone else with $40K laying around. The odds of you finding a collector to pay almost full retail on a $40K collection is very low. And any store interested is going to only see the value in the N64 cartridges / other sellable games and possibly the signs / kiosks.

If you actually want to move it, my guess is sub $20K (granted I spent 3 minutes reading the add, so there may be quite a bit I am missing).

Aug 13, 2018 at 10:14:23 PM
Mega Tank (186)
< Wiz's Mom >
United States
Good luck selling your collection. I would perhaps be interested in some items if you decide to part out items.

Official NA Discord Chat Invite:  https://discord.gg/jEEcv3e

Aug 13, 2018 at 11:02:09 PM
Boosted52405 (487)
(Eric Bizzle) < Bowser >
Iowa
Dope collection man, you have some really nice stuff. Maybe you'll find someone that wants to dive into the hobby head first and make you a legit offer. GLWS!

Aug 13, 2018 at 11:06:14 PM
MrWunderful (289)
(Corey ) < Wiz's Mom >
California
Not familiar with Michigan, but I was under the impression Detroit area Had a higher poverty ratio, I would think not many folks would have 40k to drop on a game collection. I may be wrong though. You might have better luck if you open up the location to the neighboring states.

Good luck with the sale.

Aug 13, 2018 at 11:07:59 PM
xMaGuSx (60)
< Master Higgins >
Massachusetts
Wow man, i hope you are able to sell it all and pursue whatever else it is you want to.

So many regulars here selling off over this past year.

gamevaluenow

Aug 13, 2018 at 11:08:33 PM
rdools (91)
(Rick Dools) < Lolo Lord >
Ontario
Originally posted by: MrWunderful

Not familiar with Michigan, but I was under the impression Detroit area Had a higher poverty ratio, I would think not many folks would have 40k to drop on a game collection. I may be wrong though. You might have better luck if you open up the location to the neighboring states.

Good luck with the sale.

From what I have heard about Detroit, you can buy a full house under $40K. 

Aug 13, 2018 at 11:11:40 PM
D~Funk (81)
(David Qualls) < Master Higgins >
Oregon
Good luck with the sale ya sell out!   sweet collection! Hopefully you can get what you want for it!

"Thats what i am, i'm just a grumpy guy with a big nose."

Aug 13, 2018 at 11:15:37 PM
Maertens29 (61)
< Lolo Lord >
Saskatchewan
There's just no way. Getting 40k in one swoop would require a FMV of 60k-70k. You'll be splitting this up.

I'm looking for a mint, factory sealed Dragon Ball Advanced for gameboy advance, let me know!

Aug 13, 2018 at 11:15:58 PM
pegboy (44)
< Bowser >
Washington
Start by cutting your price in half if not in 3rd. Most of the stuff you have listed arent the kind of things resellers are going to want. They dont want lots of large, hard to move items (both physically and monetarily. toys, statues, and nerd merch which isnt worth much of anything to a store since it takes up a lot of space and isnt in demand.

Aug 13, 2018 at 11:24:31 PM
AtariJay (0)
(jbob h) < Meka Chicken >
Ohio
If the total value is 30 to 40k then yes 40k is a nuts price to ask. It seems like you already have defined collections. Might be worth selling the n64 complete set, same with the nintendo power run. You'll be much more likely to get a high percentage that way.

Also yes houses are crazy cheap. In Toledo you can buy them for 4K th o 8K cash money all day.

Aug 13, 2018 at 11:25:10 PM
PuppyWaffles (114)
(Matt ) < Ridley Wrangler >
Tennessee
I love everyone saying drop the price and split it up and talking about how the resellers won't want it. Why do you immediately go there? Is it because you want to low ball him and make a profit? Damn if he did split it up he would probably make MORE, thats what makes it a deal no matter the price. He literally JUST listed it and hasn't even had a chance to get an offer...
Way too much negativity!
Good luck man and I hope you get what your asking!

Got some Japanese N64 CIBs you wanna sell in good condition? I'm probably your guy!

Aug 13, 2018 at 11:27:17 PM
PuppyWaffles (114)
Tennessee
Also parts of Detroit are rough financially, but there are still plenty of people there with very large amounts of disposable income.

Got some Japanese N64 CIBs you wanna sell in good condition? I'm probably your guy!

Aug 13, 2018 at 11:27:29 PM
ALTQQ (79)
(I've lost my television remote do you know where i Should look?) < King Solomon >
British Columbia
Part it out on facebook collector groups and Nintendo age and you'll get your money. Do the leg work it's worth it in the long run

I lost my television remote, have you seen it?

Aug 13, 2018 at 11:28:11 PM
Trevor (15)

< Meka Chicken >
United States
I mean, he did say to speak up about the price if you think it's too high.

edit: I will also give my opinion, you put a lot of work and care into piecing it together so I think piecing it out and maximizing $ only makes sense. Get rid of your favorite/hardest to get items first so the biggest dominos fall and the rest will be easy to let go.

Edited: 08/13/2018 at 11:31 PM by Trevor

Aug 13, 2018 at 11:29:31 PM
chromableedstudios (14)
< Meka Chicken >
United States
Kinda a wall of text without really getting too specific... How are you back of the envelope arriving at 40k? Seems optimistic, but maybe we're missing something?

Like:
2k N64
2k consoles
2k Homebrew
1k world o Nintendo cabs
2k signs
2k displays

Aug 13, 2018 at 11:30:40 PM
DefaultGen (28)
(Tyler Wilkin) < King Solomon >
United States
You need to bullet point the high value items better. Leading with a cart only N64 set and saying they're in plastic cases worth $1000 and you're missing the priciest manuals doesn't give a $40k impression. The only games you really mention are N64 and Xbox, some of the lowest value consoles out there, but you have a Zelda statue apparently worth $1000+. I don't know value of promo stuff so maybe I'm missing a lot but it needs to be immediately apparent without reading 2 pages of text that your stuff is worth well over $40k if you're looking to get $40k for it, because it looks like you're asking retail prices to my promo-and-sign-untrained eyes.

Listen to the  Collector's Quest Podcast 
Episode #131: Spooky Collectible Halloween Imports

Aug 13, 2018 at 11:33:21 PM
PuppyWaffles (114)
Tennessee
Originally posted by: chromableedstudios

Kinda a wall of text without really getting too specific... How are you back of the envelope arriving at 40k? Seems optimistic, but maybe we're missing something?

Like:
2k N64
2k consoles
2k Homebrew
1k world o Nintendo cabs
2k signs
2k displays

Please if you find a complete N64 set for 2k and WON cabinets for $500 each send them my way!

Aug 13, 2018 at 11:33:25 PM
Mega Tank (186)
< Wiz's Mom >
United States
Originally posted by: PuppyWaffles

I love everyone saying drop the price and split it up and talking about how the resellers won't want it. Why do you immediately go there? Is it because you want to low ball him and make a profit? Damn if he did split it up he would probably make MORE, thats what makes it a deal no matter the price. He literally JUST listed it and hasn't even had a chance to get an offer...
Way too much negativity!

People can ask whatever they want, but he did say he was open to criticism though, so yea I guess it isn't really negativity?

I think most people that are active on this board know that if you sell individually you should end up making more. There have been plenty of threads of lately people asking the same thing, selling as a whole vs splitting it up. The answer remains the same.

Official NA Discord Chat Invite:  https://discord.gg/jEEcv3e

Aug 13, 2018 at 11:35:58 PM
PuppyWaffles (114)
Tennessee
Originally posted by: Mega Tank

Originally posted by: PuppyWaffles

Way too much negativity!

People can ask whatever they want, but he did say he was open to criticism though, so yea I guess it isn't really negativity?

I think most people that are active on this board know that if you sell individually you should end up making more. There have been plenty of threads of lately people asking the same thing, selling as a whole vs splitting it up. The answer remains the same.

I get where people are coming from but there is a polite way to do it. Constructive critism is better than just saying he is wrong. A few people have told him how to improve it with examples, I'm refering to the people that are "just do this because I say so".

Aug 13, 2018 at 11:43:40 PM
chromableedstudios (14)
< Meka Chicken >
United States
Is this the $1000 Zelda? I don't know figures

https://picclick.co.uk/Nintendo-L...

Aug 13, 2018 at 11:56:18 PM
Uncle Meat (69)
(SanitaryNonAvengerRules ) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario
Honestly it's going to suck and be a lot of work but I say part it out or at least focus on selling the higher value items first and then lot out some of the common stuff.

Ayy yoo pizza bie!

Aug 13, 2018 at 11:59:59 PM
1337bcc1991 (215)
(Brandon ) < King Solomon >
Michigan
Originally posted by: chromableedstudios

Is this the $1000 Zelda? I don't know figures

https://picclick.co.uk/Nintendo-Legend-of-Zelda-Link-E3-Stat...

Clearly is the Zelda since it's Oxmox and looks identical.

Never seen it for that cheap... the few I've seen were $800-1000.

Also, yeah your estimate of the N64 is way low... I know that for a fact.  The fact I do not know (as I stated) is if this is worth how much I'm asking.  Again, with the time and effort I put into this setup, and how much I care for it, that's why I threw my estimate on it.  Again, it could very well be worth between 20-30k, but I truly don't think less than 20.  Again, I hardly evaluated the small stuff I have... only the sets and large items.

No worries though.. I did ask for comments on the price, it only helps me out but in the end I will ask what I ask for it.

Want thread:
Sale thread:

Aug 14, 2018 at 12:04:31 AM
snesei (26)
(Corey Chappell) < Eggplant Wizard >
Michigan
Dang, you live pretty close to me. if you decide to part some stuff out I'm definitely interested in checking out the signs/kiosks/stands you have.

Snesei's Pak Watch - A chronological exploration through Nintendo Power, live every Tuesday 8PM EST. Also I make VGM inspired dance music <3 
twitch.tv/snesei
soundcloud.com/snesei