Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Now Playing What Game(s) Are You Currently Playing?

Apr 30, 2017 at 7:53:22 PM
Loxx O))) (19)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
(Fat Man Kraid) < Bowser >
Washington
Been Kart'in it up with the NA guys. Mostly Funk and Quaze. Both consistently kick my ass.  

Other than that, a lot of Galaxian and Vanguard on 2600. I can't get enough. Kaboom! And Moon Patrol are both up there, too.

May 1, 2017 at 8:35:44 AM
G-Type (1)
(Geoff ) < Ridley Wrangler >
Virginia
Finally reached the summit in Mountain King! Almost did a second time, I was a hair's width away when the timer ran out.

-------------------------
Check out my comic, The Scientists. It's like a "Genius-centric 'Goonies' that can turn thriller at any moment". 

May 1, 2017 at 9:08:49 AM
Quaze (116)
(Jordan C.) < Bowser >
British Columbia
Pretty much have only played Binding of Isaac and Mario Kart 8 for the last.....well since Binding of Isaac came out lol.

Switch is like my dream console, just a...big handheld. When 3DS was losing a little bit of steam due to the mobile gaming market, and especially when the Vita failed to gain much momentum right from the get-go, I thought we had seen the last of the dedicated handheld system. The Switch is basically the answer to my prayers, and almost exactly what I'd want out of a handheld that I would design myself. I'm definitely going to put a lot of hours into it  

www.videogamesage.com...

Edited: 05/01/2017 at 09:25 AM by Quaze

May 1, 2017 at 9:49:45 AM
Quaze (116)
(Jordan C.) < Bowser >
British Columbia
Originally posted by: G-Type

Tonight I tried playing Dolphin (Pretty cool Activision game for the 2600) Its sort of reminds of the Volkmire's inferno and Clinger Winger levels of Battletoads (although not quite as nailbiting as those levels) combined with Echo the Dolphin. While Volkmire's had those laser gates that you had to memorize the pattern of, here you have Sea-horse gates, but instead of memorizing the patterns, you have to memorize the sonar sound cues which tell you what position the opening is going to be in, all the while you being persued by a nasty Squid, (instead of Clinger Winger's hypno orb)

Oh man, nostalgia city. My brother and I used to play that game for hours and hours on end. Totally the influence that sparked Ecco the Dolphin.

www.videogamesage.com...

May 1, 2017 at 9:59:30 AM
Gloves (110)
(Douglas Glover) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario
Originally posted by: Quaze

Originally posted by: G-Type

Tonight I tried playing Dolphin (Pretty cool Activision game for the 2600) Its sort of reminds of the Volkmire's inferno and Clinger Winger levels of Battletoads (although not quite as nailbiting as those levels) combined with Echo the Dolphin. While Volkmire's had those laser gates that you had to memorize the pattern of, here you have Sea-horse gates, but instead of memorizing the patterns, you have to memorize the sonar sound cues which tell you what position the opening is going to be in, all the while you being persued by a nasty Squid, (instead of Clinger Winger's hypno orb)

Oh man, nostalgia city. My brother and I used to play that game for hours and hours on end. Totally the influence that sparked Ecco the Dolphin.

I used to play Dolphin all the time! Sadly, I no longer have a copy. I'm sure I can get one cheap, but my Atari is away, so I'd be buying it just to have it at this point. Great game though, loved it growing up!

May 1, 2017 at 12:11:18 PM
DefaultGen (28)
(Tyler Wilkin) < King Solomon >
United States
Professor Layton and the Last Specter.

Maybe it's because I've played so many Layton games, but I'm kind of done with the walking around town talking to people and tapping everything bits. I just want a linear story that takes me through all the puzzles at this point. I'm just too lazy for the adventure game part, I play this game for the puzzles primarily.

Listen to the  Collector's Quest Podcast 
Episode #131: Spooky Collectible Halloween Imports

Edited: 05/01/2017 at 12:11 PM by DefaultGen

May 1, 2017 at 12:15:13 PM
Gloves (110)
(Douglas Glover) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario
Played a bit of Guardian Legend this morning. It's pretty fun, and the bosses are challenging. Most levels can be Rambo'd due to health pickups being relatively abundant, thus far.

May 1, 2017 at 12:18:44 PM
Loxx O))) (19)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
(Fat Man Kraid) < Bowser >
Washington
Originally posted by: Quaze

Pretty much have only played Binding of Isaac and Mario Kart 8 for the last.....well since Binding of Isaac came out lol.

Switch is like my dream console, just a...big handheld. When 3DS was losing a little bit of steam due to the mobile gaming market, and especially when the Vita failed to gain much momentum right from the get-go, I thought we had seen the last of the dedicated handheld system. The Switch is basically the answer to my prayers, and almost exactly what I'd want out of a handheld that I would design myself. I'm definitely going to put a lot of hours into it  
I'd say, for me, Switch is definitely one of the greatest things I've seen or used.  A lot of people shit on it because it's not as powerful as a PS4.  Who cares?  Graphics aren't everything.  And I'm taking my damn home console with me on the go.  Last night I was laying in bed with my wife playing Mario Kart.  Or I can also sit on the couch with handheld mode while her or my daughter watch something of their choice on the tv.  We all used to have to take turns, now there is no need.  I can play what I want when I want.  Don't get the hate for the Switch at all.

May 1, 2017 at 12:37:37 PM
Brock Landers (61)
< Wiz's Mom >
Federated States of Micronesia
Persona Q - dungeon 4, floor 4.  This game is long
Azure Striker Gunvolt 2
Advance Wars Days of Ruin - Mission 23.  4(?) left
Rhythm Thief

Writing about every SNES game - Volume VIII (#400-351) - Migrating to snesrankings.com as we speak
SNES Set - 716/723 (Casper)
Switch: SW-6880-6470-3131

May 1, 2017 at 6:26:23 PM
G-Type (1)
(Geoff ) < Ridley Wrangler >
Virginia
I guess I shouldn't be surprised since their both by David Crane, but Pitfall II is amazingly similar to A Boy and his blob, (in terms of graphics, music, and level design)

Check out my comic, The Scientists. It's like a "Genius-centric 'Goonies' that can turn thriller at any moment". 

May 1, 2017 at 6:31:07 PM
Uncle Meat (69)
(SanitaryNonAvengerRules ) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario
Diablo II

Ayy yoo pizza bie!