Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join
Mar 31 at 9:28:32 PM
smokinjoe24 (147)
(P Fen) < Bowser >
United States
Just saw Gamestop has 2k19 for $25. Tempted to pick it up.

Apr 01 at 1:13:10 AM
fox (15)
(Gunslinger Fox) < King Solomon >
United States
Originally posted by: AirVillain

With Charlotte being Smackdown Woman's Champion.... what do you think that means, if anything?

I think 2/3 falls would be cool....

1st fall is for the SD title, 2nd is for the Raw title...?

I know it sounds like a lot...but why have Charlotte win the SD title in the first place? I get the "name recognition" but there's got to be an additional angle to it... I hope.
Doing falls for titles sounds interesting but a bit complicated.

I figure they will either uniffy the championship, and create an undisputed women's champion.  Might signal an end to the brand split, since the women's tag titles already float between brands.

Or Charlotte refuses to put her title on the line to get extra heat, and create a reason to have a future rematch where she is forced to defend.

This is going to be a big Mania and I think they want that big Mania moment of all 4 Horsewomen in the ring at the end holding titles.

Apr 01 at 9:09:47 AM
DarkTone (2)
(GameCube Boss) < Bowser >
United Kingdom
Eddie Guerrero and Chris Benoit did it better.

There's not one match at mania I'm looking forward to. Worse mania than IV.

-------------------------
"Vacations are dangerous! They give you too much time to realize you work too hard." - Dain

Feel free to help NA  here

Apr 07 at 4:04:40 PM
DarkTone (2)
United Kingdom
Ok. Which one of you did that to Bret?

"Vacations are dangerous! They give you too much time to realize you work too hard." - Dain

Apr 07 at 4:20:47 PM
ADMINISTRATOR
B.A. (268)
(Brian P.) < Master Higgins >
Minnesota
This will probably be the first rasslemania I've skipped in over 20 years. I might watch some highlights afterwords, but that's it. The fact that they went with Baron Corbin as Kurt Angles going away match sealed the deal for me. No thanks.

Apr 07 at 4:55:48 PM
DarkTone (2)
United Kingdom
People still think Corbin is a work, and cena will replace him.

Apr 07 at 5:38:09 PM
Suck my dick (61)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
< Lolo Lord >
Nevada
Originally posted by: B.A.

This will probably be the first rasslemania I've skipped in over 20 years. I might watch some highlights afterwords, but that's it. The fact that they went with Baron Corbin as Kurt Angles going away match sealed the deal for me. No thanks.
I don’t think ost gonna be Corbin 

Apr 07 at 5:45:38 PM
ADMINISTRATOR
B.A. (268)
Minnesota
Well I won't be watching to find out.

Apr 08 at 8:04:49 AM
DarkTone (2)
United Kingdom
That was meh. Felt more like a Backlash.

Now for the WWE to fuck this up.

Apr 08 at 9:53:28 AM
guitarzombie (30)
< Ridley Wrangler >
New York
Meh? Id like to see you book. I was there and the crowd was into everything.

Mutant Virus strat thread.  Help each other finally put the nail in the coffin for this game, EVERY time.
http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Apr 08 at 10:01:36 AM
ADMINISTRATOR
B.A. (268)
Minnesota
Originally posted by: guitarzombie

Including that turd of a Kurt Angle final match?  I see their entire plan was really just to have him lose to Corbin.  I'm pretty sure lots of people could come up with a better ending to his story than that...

Apr 08 at 10:21:00 AM
Boosted52405 (487)
(Eric Bizzle) < Bowser >
Iowa

Including that turd of a Kurt Angle final match?  I see their entire plan was really just to have him lose to Corbin.  I'm pretty sure lots of people could come up with a better ending to his story than that...

Yeah wth was that all about...bizarre...the whole time he was walking up the ramp afterwards I was waiting for something to happen but nope very weird fairwell match.

Apr 08 at 10:27:40 AM
Boosted52405 (487)
(Eric Bizzle) < Bowser >
Iowa
Overall I really enjoyed Wrestlemania and I watched it almost in its entirety including the kickoff matches.

Did you guys see how ripped Braun was? Damn, beast mode x2 - however the SNL skit was pretty weak.

Actually, all the surprises were rather weak - Hulk Hogan came out abruptly interrupted by Heyman lol. SNL piece was weak. Ric Flair interfering in the Batista match was expected. I was hoping for Gronk level join the ring and tackle someone kind of surprise.

The matches were really good though in my opinion. Glad Braun won, big Kofi win, big Seth win (is Brock done now?), massive Becky win in a weird way (is Ronda taking her "break" now?).

Demon Balor is my 2nd current fav to Braun, thought his run might be over but thankfully not.

Many of the fights they were really getting into as in making contact with punches and kicks, particularly the Kofi/DB match and I felt the main event was strong.

Chuckled when Batista tripped entering and hope no injuries from the no-table break in the main event - seemed they went low and the brace stuffed em.

So...how are they going to handle the Raw/Smackdown Women's championships?

Apr 08 at 1:11:55 PM
DarkTone (2)
United Kingdom

Exactly.

Apr 08 at 1:42:59 PM
fox (15)
United States

Sweet, have good seats?  Sounds like the live experience had a good vibe

Edited: 04/08/2019 at 01:44 PM by fox

Apr 08 at 1:57:21 PM
fox (15)
United States
Kurt Angle was brought back to put over new talent.  He lost to Drew, he lost to Corbin, and well has been losing a lot.  They did give him some fun things to do like his match with Chad Gable a few weeks back, but Kurt's latest run was never about an old man coming back and showing those young whipersnappers a thing a two. 

Kind of nice for a change, instead of the usual booking of the part time nostalgia acts, who just show up and pants the current roster, making the new guys look like geeks in order to have an excuse to run a bunch of clips that say "Remember the Attitude Era?"

Apr 08 at 2:08:14 PM
ADMINISTRATOR
B.A. (268)
Minnesota
Originally posted by: fox

Kurt Angle was brought back to put over new talent.  He lost to Drew, he lost to Corbin, and well has been losing a lot.  They did give him some fun things to do like his match with Chad Gable a few weeks back, but Kurt's latest run was never about an old man coming back and showing those young whipersnappers a thing a two. 

Kind of nice for a change, instead of the usual booking of the part time nostalgia acts, who just show up and pants the current roster, making the new guys look like geeks in order to have an excuse to run a bunch of clips that say "Remember the Attitude Era?"
I get the whole make the new guy look good on your way out, the problem is no one gives a shit about Baron Corbin. The dude rassle's in in corporate casual attire FFS!  Before announcing who Angle's final match would be WWE did a vote for like 4 guys (Corbin, Cena were one there, can't remember who else), Corbin was by far the least popular choice.  They announce Corbin anyway and the fans reaction was HUGELY negative and news was that WWE was surprised by that?!? Seriously?

John Cena shits all over the match on social media, Kurt Angle himself even comes out and says he had hoped for someone better for his farewell match.  Most fans assume WWE has to have something up their sleeve, they couldn't be that dense...nope that was it.  ​The storytelling was just plain bad. 

Apr 08 at 2:20:18 PM
fox (15)
United States
Originally posted by: Boosted52405

Overall I really enjoyed Wrestlemania and I watched it almost in its entirety including the kickoff matches.

Did you guys see how ripped Braun was? Damn, beast mode x2 - however the SNL skit was pretty weak.

Actually, all the surprises were rather weak - Hulk Hogan came out abruptly interrupted by Heyman lol. SNL piece was weak. Ric Flair interfering in the Batista match was expected. I was hoping for Gronk level join the ring and tackle someone kind of surprise.

The matches were really good though in my opinion. Glad Braun won, big Kofi win, big Seth win (is Brock done now?), massive Becky win in a weird way (is Ronda taking her "break" now?).

Demon Balor is my 2nd current fav to Braun, thought his run might be over but thankfully not.

Many of the fights they were really getting into as in making contact with punches and kicks, particularly the Kofi/DB match and I felt the main event was strong.

Chuckled when Batista tripped entering and hope no injuries from the no-table break in the main event - seemed they went low and the brace stuffed em.

So...how are they going to handle the Raw/Smackdown Women's championships?

Yeah I can't believe all three of the Cinderella stories happened.  Seth, Kofi, and Becky won.  Think they did send the fans home happy for once. Kofi/Bryan in particular was strong and the women put on a solid main event.  Some rough looking spots, Charlotte got stuffed, Rhonda took a pretty nasty spill from that slide kick bouncing off the edge of the ring upsidedown.

Hope Brock is done.  His whole act as champion has gone on long enough already.  I guess they could do a no DQ, but this almost felt like one with all the stuff on the outside and the low blow.

Becky is hot, I could see her being double booked defending titles on both shows.  Becky already took Rhonda's title and broke Rhonda's undeafted streak.  Better she lost to a fluke pin, rather than the ultimate humilation of Rhonda tapping out to her own finisher.

I think Rhonda stays around a bit.  People still want that one on one match with Becky.  But if she is done, pull the trigger on Shayna, she is more than ready, she can fill Rhonda's spot and act as her poxy, continueing the story while giving Lynch a nasty new challenger.

Apr 08 at 2:30:58 PM
fox (15)
United States

I get the whole make the new guy look good on your way out, the problem is no one gives a shit about Baron Corbin. The dude rassle's in in corporate casual attire FFS!  Before announcing who Angle's final match would be WWE did a vote for like 4 guys (Corbin, Cena were one there, can't remember who else), Corbin was by far the least popular choice.  They announce Corbin anyway and the fans reaction was HUGELY negative and news was that WWE was surprised by that?!? Seriously?

John Cena shits all over the match on social media, Kurt Angle himself even comes out and says he had hoped for someone better for his farewell match.  Most fans assume WWE has to have something up their sleeve, they couldn't be that dense...nope that was it.  ​The storytelling was just plain bad. 

Someone in the back likes Corbin because he is always getting tv time more than pretty much anyone every week.  Storyline wise, it makes the most sense, Corbin stole Kurt's GM position and they have been fueding for like the last year.  Corbin gets pants pretty often, so he kind of needed a big win.  Long term it makes sense if they want to keep Corbin around as like an upper midcard heel.

But short term and as far as making an exciting match, Chad, Joe, AJ, pretty much anyone else on the roster would have been better options.

Apr 08 at 2:38:03 PM
ADMINISTRATOR
B.A. (268)
Minnesota

Someone in the back likes Corbin because he is always getting tv time more than pretty much anyone every week.  
Can't argue with you there, which is a perfect example of why I haven't watched Raw or Smackdown in a couple of years. They arbitrarily pick their guys (Roman Reigns is another one), and fan interest be damned, that is who is going to be featured.  That's why WWE just isn't for me anymore. 

Apr 08 at 2:52:08 PM
fox (15)
United States

Can't argue with you there, which is a perfect example of why I haven't watched Raw or Smackdown in a couple of years. They arbitrarily pick their guys (Roman Reigns is another one), and fan interest be damned, that is who is going to be featured.  That's why WWE just isn't for me anymore.
I think even WWE realises they have been trying way too hard stuff certain Superstars down the fans throats.

The fans have a lot more say and that is why we are seeing Kofi and Becky main eventing and winning titles now.  Helps that those two have the in-ring ability, workrate, and are over with the crowd too.

Apr 08 at 6:16:30 PM
guitarzombie (30)
< Ridley Wrangler >
New York

ONE match out of the what, 15 they had?  Im not disagreeing it was odd, but the vet always does the honors.  Although I thought personally that was gonna be the taker moment   

Mutant Virus strat thread.  Help each other finally put the nail in the coffin for this game, EVERY time.

Apr 08 at 6:22:20 PM
guitarzombie (30)
< Ridley Wrangler >
New York

Sweet, have good seats?  Sounds like the live experience had a good vibe

Yeah!  I was in the 200s so I could see the whole ramp and stage etc but needed the 'trons for details.  I don't watch the current product but my buddy does.  My knowledge is really around 80s and 90s and I love the psychology of wrestling.  I really wanted to just go to the HoF and Axxess and he wanted WM (I really wanted to go to WM just to possibly see taker).  We also went to wrestlecon.  As an 'old schooler' I think of things more objectively and want to see how the crowd reacts the way the WWF (yes F to me) want them to.  And with this show, could it really have been any better?  They gave the fans their xmas-booked feel good show and everyone was really into it.  After years of what seemed like misery (my friend invites me to WW/RR) watching their main guys get killed by the crowd out there, this one was everything the fans should want and everyone there was really happy.

Apr 08 at 10:31:51 PM
Suck my dick (61)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
< Lolo Lord >
Nevada
Watching RAW and The Undertaker interrupts Elias, I'm getting sick of The Undertaker, dude seriously getting old and annoying at this point.

Apr 09 at 8:21:45 PM
the tall guy (130)
(Randy the Astonishing) < Bowser >
Tennessee
My favorite part of the night was Cesaro swinging Ricochet for about a year while Sheamus beat the holy hell out of everyone.

Definitely wasn't a bad watch, mostly exciting stuff... just about 2 hours two long. Does Triple H really need 30 minutes to slog through a match every Mania?

"Meeting internet dudes is what being a dude on the internet is all about!"  ~OSG