NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Feedback Number total vs. distinct

Sep 21, 2010 at 2:47:24 PM
zi (73)
(Tom Rag) < King Solomon >
New York
my "issue":

I have 24 transactions/feedback but only 14 distinct transactions. It looks like 8/10 of these are coinhaven purchases, which are months apart and clearly distinct. It looks like only the first feedback is taken from a repeat seller, regardless of the time in between transactions.

suggestion:

can a new transaction be considered "distinct" if it's a week from the previous one? two weeks? a month? What's important (to me) is that I my good feedback is acknowledged, regardless of whom I purchase from, or how many times I purchase from him. 

I recognize that this feedback system is in place to prevent folks from spamming feedback on every item they purchase from a seller in a lot (a fifty item purchase does not merit +50 feedback), but there should be some sort of minimum time period between feedbacks to make it distinct.

Thanks for listening!

-------------------------

I AM ZI, CHIPTUNE ARTIST FOR THE NINTENDO ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM, COMPOSER OF BOTH BLEEPS AND BOPS, VIRTUOSO OF INSTRUMENT FABRICATION, MERCENARY OF THE RETRO MUSICAL SOUNDSCAPE! THE SEGA DEVELOPMENT GUYS KNOW ME AS KNUCKLES SPRINGSTEIN, THE LONG ISLANG GEEK SQUAD KNOW ME AS ABE ECKSTEIN'S BOY, AND I AM KNOWN IN CANADA AS THAT KEENER WHO ALWAYS GETS THE NUMBER TWO BREAKFAST COMBO AT TIMMIES... and there are other secret names you do not know of yet.

Sep 21, 2010 at 2:50:45 PM
pats1717 (894)
< Wiz's Mom >
United States
I doubt it would happen but it would put me at 465 instead of a measly 273

Really does it matter that much?

Sep 21, 2010 at 2:51:49 PM
RetroNESNerd (77)
(Justin S) < Ridley Wrangler >
Nebraska
You still get feedback it's just not reflected in the number following you name.

Sep 21, 2010 at 2:54:52 PM
zi (73)
New York
edit: this was to scott: no. there are starving children. an economic recession. trillions in debt. a chinese war machine. a crazy iran. disease, both mental and physical. hate. intolerance. bullying. natural disasters. terrorism. war. a government that's rotting from the inside from greed and corruption. not to mention those jerks from the sega forums.

but I guess you could say that about any post or anything anyone says.

edit: to strange: aduh. i think i got that bit when i broke down the feedback system. 

i'm guessing i should have just pm'd this.

I AM ZI, CHIPTUNE ARTIST FOR THE NINTENDO ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM, COMPOSER OF BOTH BLEEPS AND BOPS, VIRTUOSO OF INSTRUMENT FABRICATION, MERCENARY OF THE RETRO MUSICAL SOUNDSCAPE! THE SEGA DEVELOPMENT GUYS KNOW ME AS KNUCKLES SPRINGSTEIN, THE LONG ISLANG GEEK SQUAD KNOW ME AS ABE ECKSTEIN'S BOY, AND I AM KNOWN IN CANADA AS THAT KEENER WHO ALWAYS GETS THE NUMBER TWO BREAKFAST COMBO AT TIMMIES... and there are other secret names you do not know of yet.

Edited: 09/21/2010 at 02:55 PM by zi

Sep 21, 2010 at 2:58:41 PM
pats1717 (894)
< Wiz's Mom >
United States
I wasn't trying to come off sarcastic, ebay made this change a few years ago and I don't know if it is a good thing or not.

Sep 21, 2010 at 2:59:54 PM
zi (73)
New York
sorry. i think i'm hopped up on coffee and am just firing off crazy stuff right now. okay, maybe it's good that this will be discussed!

Sep 21, 2010 at 3:31:29 PM
dr.robbie (175)
(Robbie Pacanowski) < Bowser >
Missouri
I semi agree, but if anything, I would like both numbers to be available when people post (eg. 100/141) or something, that way we could keep the same levels and such. Overall though, not too concerned with it.

Let's Go Penguins!

Sep 21, 2010 at 3:45:54 PM
projectingstars (95)
(S. K.) < King Solomon >
Washington
Leave it how it is.

"Absurdity is what I like most in life, and there's humor in struggling in ignorance. If you saw a man repeatedly running into a wall until he was a bloody pulp, after a while it would make you laugh because it becomes absurd".

-David Lynch

Sep 21, 2010 at 3:50:48 PM
MasonSushi (83)
(Mason 8-Bit_Nes) < King Solomon >
South Carolina
well the problem you get is if a couple of peopel decided to do 20 transactions with each other to bolster their feedback rating. I know it would show in the log, but once its a few pages down, are you really going to look for it? No, you will just see a total.

Come visit my youtube channel

MasonSushi YouTube Channel

Sep 21, 2010 at 4:23:32 PM
MrMark0673 (455)
(Mark Nolan) < Master Higgins >
Massachusetts
Yeah, no need to change it. I stopped doing transactions with people I buy/sell/trade with so frequently. I've had 25+ transactions with Scott alone and have sent Dain 3 gift carts (CE's for HM, KC, and a Blockbuster cart), seems silly to have all of those count.

Hi, my name is Mark, and I collect (and now sell!) Prototypes.

Photobucket

The Largest Comprehensive List of NES Protos for Sale Available on the Web!
http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/...

Sep 21, 2010 at 5:58:08 PM
profholt82 (59)
< El Ripper >
Michigan
Originally posted by: zi

not to mention those jerks from the sega forums.
Can't we all just get along?

Sep 21, 2010 at 6:29:16 PM
tuxedocivic (94)
(Ryan Bouma) < Ridley Wrangler >
British Columbia
Originally posted by: MrMark0673

I stopped doing transactions with people I buy/sell/trade with so frequently.

Ok good, I'm not the only one. Although I didn't do a transaction with Pooch and regret it now. I sold her a sealed game and think it would have been cool to have feedback from her. She has so few transactions and is so illusive. She spends money like it's water