Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Sealed Game Contents Open a sealed game recently? Going to? Post the contents here!

Dec 21, 2007 at 1:16:41 AM
albailey (55)
(Al Bailey) < Lolo Lord >
Ontario
Sunday Funday
===========
Seal has a seam along the top and the left and right side  (I figured I should mention this since unlicensed games are weird)

No code on box
No code on manual
No sleeve
No foam
Cart was enclosed in bubble wrap (which is stickied shut at the top)  Manual was outside it.

Does this mean its not factory sealed??? 

I opened the bubble wrap.  The game doesnt seem to show its version anywhere.  It just says 1995.  If anyone knows what screen shows the version, let me know.

Cart is black and has no rear sticker.  Just the embossed back ("Manufactured by Color Dreams Inc" at the bottom)

I'm going to open my Arkanoid next. 
Al

-------------------------

My Gameboy collection  97% complete.          My N64 collection   88% complete

My Gamecube collection  99% complete        My NES collection   97% complete

Edited: 12/21/2007 at 01:17 AM by albailey

Dec 21, 2007 at 1:27:16 AM
albailey (55)
Ontario
Arkanoid
=======
Seam along top, bottom and left side (when facing the box)

Box: No code
Manual: No code
Cart:  NES-AR-USA  (5 screw)
No sleeve
No foam
Plastic Tray
Taito Arkanoid controller

Note:  I am not 100% sure this one is a factory seal either.  I see tiny scuff marks on the cart and controller, although this might have occurred during packaging.  The controller is very nicely wrapped in a white twist tie, but I would have expected them to use black.

I think I'll wait a bit before opening any more.
Al

Dec 28, 2007 at 6:53:02 PM
nukie (31)
(Nathan Anderson) < Meka Chicken >
Minnesota
I just opened a copy of Big Nose Freaks Out (non-aladdin):
Box has no code
Doesn't have a manual per se but rather a sheet that unfolds with the instructions on it.
Game was wrapped in a bag with a tip sticker on it to seal it. 
Poster of game box cover
sticker sheet
warranty card
card about screen flashing
stryo insert and cardboard piece along back of game.

I didn't see any codes for the parts.

I don't play WoW, but I make chainmail for cats. - Montana Baker

The next time someone tells you nothing is impossible, ask them to dribble a football.

Jan 6, 2008 at 3:44:23 PM
the_wizard_666 (157)
(The Fat Ninja) < Wiz's Mom >
Alberta
Al, I've never encountered a game wrapped in bubble wrap in a legitimate seal before. Not even in unlicensed games. And that Arkanoid seems legit...it's exactly the same as the 3-screw one I opened personally. Well, aside from the obvious screw variant

Nukie, what color was the sticker sealing the game? I already have the game listed, and everything matches it, but if it's sealed with a different sticker, then it's a new listing.

"It's always amazing to me how some of the most worthless games from a gaming perspective tend to fetch outrageous amounts of money. But then again, it could be said that something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I'm curious if the high bidder of the $873.04 Stadium Events (cart-only) realizes that it's nowhere nearly as rare as about 20+ games I can think of that sell for 1/10th that amount?  At any rate, I wanted to draw attention to this trend: if people say it's rare, it must be true, and therefore it must be had at any price."
-Dain Anderson, October 14, 2006
Originally posted by: kryptk33p3r

im used to dick jokes i get to see one everytime I pee

Edited: 01/06/2008 at 03:46 PM by the_wizard_666

Feb 8, 2008 at 2:18:25 AM
blarky (37)
(b0rk b0rk) < Lolo Lord >
Texas
Originally posted by: michael242

Just saw this thread I opened a final fantasy awhile ago here is the pics why did I because it was fun(at least I thought it would be)

Interesting... so Final Fantasy didn't come with a black dust sleeve after all.  My brother bought that game new at Wal-Mart when it came out years ago.  We occasionally tried to organize our games in their respective dust sleeves, and one day we were looking for Final Fantasy's and we couldn't find it.  We knew we couldn't have lost it, and the only explanation we could come up with is that it didn't come with one.  That wasn't something we paid attention to when we first opened it.  Anyway, this solves the mystery!

Feb 16, 2008 at 12:44:27 PM
the_wizard_666 (157)
Alberta
Yeah. Too bad he never posted the item numbers on the inserts, cart, or box. That's the info I need for this project...

"It's always amazing to me how some of the most worthless games from a gaming perspective tend to fetch outrageous amounts of money. But then again, it could be said that something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I'm curious if the high bidder of the $873.04 Stadium Events (cart-only) realizes that it's nowhere nearly as rare as about 20+ games I can think of that sell for 1/10th that amount?  At any rate, I wanted to draw attention to this trend: if people say it's rare, it must be true, and therefore it must be had at any price."

Edited: 02/16/2008 at 12:45 PM by the_wizard_666

Feb 16, 2008 at 5:02:17 PM
jaredkk (57)
(Jared Klinger) < King Solomon >
New Jersey
Thats odd, Wizard, have you come across any other games without sleeves?

Feb 16, 2008 at 5:07:30 PM
the_wizard_666 (157)
Alberta
Not yet, but chances are other games that had large manuals and packed in items would be sleeveless. Final Fantasy I knew about because someone opened one and posted pics on NESWorld a couple years ago, long before I started my list. I would assume a few other titles might be sleeveless, like possibly some early runs of Dragon Warrior (I opened a later release and it had a sleeve, but fewer packed-in items than expected).

Feb 19, 2008 at 12:37:06 AM
mario's left nut (163)
(Poster Nutbag) < Kraid Killer >
Indiana
Hey Wiz

Where is the list of all current opened and documented sealed games?

I want to open some sealed goodness but not if you already have the game documented.

Thanks!!

MLN'er

Do tigers sleep in lily patches, do rhinos run from thunder?

Feb 19, 2008 at 1:29:45 AM
Dr. Morbis (30)
(Basil T) < Kraid Killer >
Alberta
The list is on gamefaqs: http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/n...
However, you never know if you have a variant (different print run of a game that's already on his list) until you open the sucker up!

My mantra, as worded by SamSpade on 06/12/12:
I don't resell to fund my collection, I don't treat this hobby like a second job, I don't care if my collection is worth ten bucks or ten thousand because I never plan on selling it. Seriously, what does the value have to do with anything if you never plan on selling? Speculation doesn't mean jack shit to me at this point, I just want to play my nes games...

Feb 19, 2008 at 5:53:19 PM
mario's left nut (163)
(Poster Nutbag) < Kraid Killer >
Indiana
Wizzo -

Hey pal! How often do you update your list? And for the first time since I've opened a game for the list,
I actually looked at some of the games on there.

Mucho impressive! There are some killer games on that list. That Chubby will be a checkmate move my friend.

MLN'er

Do tigers sleep in lily patches, do rhinos run from thunder?

Feb 20, 2008 at 6:00:25 PM
Nistle (94)
(Dustin Lett) < Ridley Wrangler >
North Carolina

Kung-Fu Heroes
Box: NES-CE-USA
Manual: NES-CE-USA
Cart: NES-CE-USA
NP Insert: PMG-US
Kung Fu Heroes Survey card: CUL-CE-US
Plain Black Dust Sleeve
Styrofoam block and Plastic Baggie

Lunar Pool
Box: NES-LP-USA
Manual: NES-LP-USA
Cart: NES-LP-USA
NP Insert: PMG-USA
FCI Registration Card: FCS-NES-US
FCI Poster: FCI-NES-US
Plain Black Dust Sleeve
Styrofoam block and Plastic Baggie

NES Collection: 83.73% Completed

Carts: 709/766
Manuals: 616/765
Boxes: 594/761

Feb 20, 2008 at 7:53:01 PM
NationalGameDepot (279)
(Dr. NGD) < Bonk >
Tennessee
I just cracked the seal on a Galactic Crusader, euro version. It included:
box with the euro sticker
normal manual
folded up manual that has been translate into other languages
styro
plastic baggie
blue cart, blue back label
blue sleeve (with robot and bats pictured)

There aren't any items #'s on anything of course. LMK if you need anything else.
~~NGD

Proud replier of post #1000 in the infamous Joel thread

Feb 26, 2008 at 4:33:41 AM
Skipper_Lucky11 (11)
(Mike Christopher) < Meka Chicken >
United States
hmm I know this is prolly not what your looking for but I opened a factory sealed The Lost Vikings for the Super Nintendo.

"This is your life and its ending one minute at a time" - Tyler Durden

Feb 27, 2008 at 12:59:40 AM
blarky (37)
(b0rk b0rk) < Lolo Lord >
Texas

Really?  I kinda want a factory sealed copy of that game.  One less out there now!

Feb 28, 2008 at 1:20:49 AM
Dr. Morbis (30)
Alberta
Man, Konami went hog-wild with the inserts on this one...

BUCKY O'HARE-

-cart: NES-56-USA
-box: NES-56-USA
-manual: NES-56-USA
-poster: KON-NES-US-3
-NP insert: PMG-USA-1
-registration card: KON-NES-US-3
-gray epilepsy warning sheet: NES-DOC-USA
-dust sleeve: standard black

Whewww...

I don't resell to fund my collection, I don't treat this hobby like a second job, I don't care if my collection is worth ten bucks or ten thousand because I never plan on selling it. Seriously, what does the value have to do with anything if you never plan on selling? Speculation doesn't mean jack shit to me at this point, I just want to play my nes games...

Mar 4, 2008 at 12:56:54 PM
groovetuber (2)
(Anthony D'Onofrio) < Crack Trooper >
Pennsylvania
I'll probably be opening a sealed Abadox (depending on how much it's worth) pretty soon if you need info on that. Just let me know.

Mar 4, 2008 at 5:42:51 PM
the_wizard_666 (157)
Alberta
Even if it's on my list, add the info anyway. I have several with multiple listings due to different inserts. StarTropics is a prime example...3 listings for it. Several others have 2 listings. Also, there's manual/box variations, such as NES-**-USA* variants, -1/-2/-3 variants, etc. Anything helps

Mar 4, 2008 at 5:50:25 PM
groovetuber (2)
(Anthony D'Onofrio) < Crack Trooper >
Pennsylvania
Alrighty, I'll be getting the game in a few days.

Mar 8, 2008 at 3:27:18 PM
albailey (55)
Ontario

Here's the first black box game for your list. Since there are so many types of black box games, I'll try and describe the box but I'll also take pics.

Kung Fu
========
Contents (I took a pic as it was opened):
1) Cart. code: NES-SX-USA. Oval seal (tm)
2) Box. code: NES-SX-USA. Oval seal (tm)
3) Manual. code: NES-SX-USA. Note: the manual has the ROUND seal inside. I would have expected the oval seal.
4) Nintendo Power insert (PMG-US)
5) Nintendo poster (no code) "Now you are playing with power!" It has a copyright 1988 on it.
6) Nintendo brand plastic sleeve
7) Plastic baggie holding the sleeve and cart.
8) Styrofoam piece

Other things to note:

Kung Fu. Oval seal with TM on the front of the box (REV-A underneath). There is a (R) after Nintendo Entertainment System on the front. Back of the box has the NES P SX code at the top and the NES-GP code at the bottom.

The contents were packed so that the top of the cart was visible after the package was opened. All manuals and inserts packaged outside the baggie.
The cart was stacked on top, then the manual, then the poster, then the nintendo power insert.

I'll add a link to the pics in a minute. This "should" indicate the contents for other black box oval seal games, although I speculate this one was one of the first of the oval seal ones based on the poster copyright date and the round seal in the manual.

Edit. Pics are here. http://s51.photobucket.com/albums/f388/albailey1974/Sealed%2...

There should be 5 pics around 1 meg each and very high res details. 2 before opening, and 3 after.  Now to open some of my less valuable sealed games.

Al

Edited: 03/08/2008 at 03:42 PM by albailey

Mar 8, 2008 at 9:52:17 PM
michiganfan2 (123)
(Mike Pitsch) < Meka Chicken >
Michigan
Originally posted by: albailey

Sunday Funday
===========
Seal has a seam along the top and the left and right side (I figured I should mention this since unlicensed games are weird)

No code on box
No code on manual
No sleeve
No foam
Cart was enclosed in bubble wrap (which is stickied shut at the top) Manual was outside it.

Does this mean its not factory sealed???

I opened the bubble wrap. The game doesnt seem to show its version anywhere. It just says 1995. If anyone knows what screen shows the version, let me know.

Cart is black and has no rear sticker. Just the embossed back ("Manufactured by Color Dreams Inc" at the bottom)

I'm going to open my Arkanoid next.
Al

Just an FYI.....I bought 2 copies of Spiritual Warfare directly from Wisdom Tree a couple years ago.....I opened one and it also came in a bubble baggie with no sleeve.   It also came with a black and white manual.   100% sure it was not a reseal unless Wisdom Tree themselves is doing the resealing.  I still have this copy if someone wants it.

Mar 8, 2008 at 11:36:32 PM
Orrimarrko (38)
(Polk High's Finest) < Meka Chicken >
Texas
Wiz - just wondering if you'll be updating the list at Gamefaq soon.

Thanks!

Mar 9, 2008 at 12:38:23 AM
Dr. Morbis (30)
Alberta
Okay, two later LJN releases, both of which were manufactured by Acclaim and have no codes on the manuals...

WWF Steel Cage Challenge:

-cart: NES-WS-USA
-box: NES-WS-USA
-manual: no code (!)
-registration card: LJN-NES-US-1
-poster: ACL-WS-US (poster side) & LJN-NES-US-2 (advert side)

Spider-Man: Return of the Sinister Six:

-cart: NES-RX-USA
-box: NES-RX-USA
-poster: ACL-RX-US (poster side) & LJN-NES-US-2 (advert side)

And Steve - Mike just updated the list on gamefaq a month or so ago, so it probably won't be updated again for a little while...

Mar 9, 2008 at 3:03:40 AM
Orrimarrko (38)
(Polk High's Finest) < Meka Chicken >
Texas
Originally posted by: Dr. Morbis

Okay, two later LJN releases, both of which were manufactured by Acclaim and have no codes on the manuals...

WWF Steel Cage Challenge:

-cart: NES-WS-USA
-box: NES-WS-USA
-poster: ACL-WS-US (poster side) & LJN-NES-US-2 (advert side)

Spider-Man: Return of the Sinister Six:

-cart: NES-RX-USA
-box: NES-RX-USA
-poster: ACL-RX-US (poster side) & LJN-NES-US-2 (advert side)

And Steve - Mike just updated the list on gamefaq a month or so ago, so it probably won't be updated again for a little while...

Gotcha - thanks Basil.

Mar 10, 2008 at 3:48:30 PM
NationalGameDepot (279)
(Dr. NGD) < Bonk >
Tennessee
I just cracked the seal on a P Radikus Conflict, euro version. It included:
box with the euro sticker on the front and back.
normal manual
folded up manual that has been translate into other languages
styro
plastic baggie
blue cart, blue back label
blue sleeve (with robot and bats pictured)

Plus it has a really nice Sega Genesis/NES brochure in it, one side is NES and one is Genny. It talks about several games like Hellraiser and Escape from Atlantis as well, no code on it.
There aren't any items #'s on anything of course. LMK if you need anything else.
~~NGD

Proud replier of post #1000 in the infamous Joel thread