NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

The Carolina Collection

May 29 at 10:36:57 PM
yukfou (107)
(Great Dragon) < King Solomon >
Maryland
Originally posted by: a3quit4s

@ attakid I'm sure with all that's going on with NA Jeff has a blown up inbox so don't feel bad about that

@ yukfou extremely good point, I call my homeowners insurance agent every so often and update him on what I think the value of my stuff is just to make sure I don't need to add additional coverage to my policy lol he isn't worried about my massive amount of games but I need extra coverage for my wife's engagement ring .... go figure.

edit: thanks for the link too!

Yea man that's important to do. A couple users here have had their houses flooded over the years and lost their collection from it. Stuff happens. It's important to catalogue what you have especially if you have a bigger or more expensive collection. And no problem! You could always try messaging Dain or Jeff too. The worst they say is no. Also, welcome to the site!

Oh, and here are the threads where people do post their collections

Old one http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

New one http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

-------------------------
My WTB thread
http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Edited: 05/29/2019 at 10:43 PM by yukfou

May 29 at 10:53:22 PM
BeaglePuss (41)
(Matt Nolan) < Bowser >
Massachusetts
Originally posted by: Richardhead

Originally posted by: BeaglePuss

Can we call it "Dain's Shit" instead of the "Carolina Collection?"

I makes more sense, and it's way less lame/pretentious sounding.

“Dain’s old shit”
That seems like a fair compromise to me. 

May 30 at 12:25:39 AM
JeremiahJT (0)

(Jeremiah Thomas) < Crack Trooper >
Texas
Dain, did you have any Atari stuff left? I seem to recall you trading away your 2600 collection for Stadium Events or some such, but I was not sure if you had any other stuff.

Did the name Carolina Collection just get coined for this thread?

May 30 at 8:36:30 AM
ADMINISTRATOR
jhm (0)
< Little Mac >

Hi What Originally posted by: Mr. CIB

Tried using the search got nada, can someone hook a newbie up with a link to pictures of this collection??
Lol.... you sure hit the ground running. 

Not sure how to take that (I do take a determined interest in things), but yes anything video game related I’m interested in. Judging by the pictures that Jeff posted showing the NWC entry ticket and program this goes way beyond having games and a literal history of Nintendo. If this was on display in a museum near the Carolinas I would have already called in sick Thursday and Friday and be in my car on the way!

We will have 2 GoCollect booths at HeroesCon in Charlotte, NC in a couple weeks - one for demoing new games functionality and the other for comics. I will be bringing some neat stuff from the collection and might be willing to take requests if there are areas of specific interest or curiosity. 

It truly is a history of NES and fascintates me every time I dive into a new box  

May 30 at 8:50:15 AM
ADMINISTRATOR
jhm (0)
< Little Mac >
Originally posted by: attakid101

Tried using the search got nada, can someone hook a newbie up with a link to pictures of this collection??
i pm'd jeff and asked if he'd be sharing pics and collection details. didn't get a reply.

Sorry for not replying. I looked at my PM section, got overwhelmed really fast by the total number of messages in there, and haven't attempted to take the time to address them.

I do have all sorts of pictures of games that I took as I unloaded boxes and stacked them in staging areas. I'll upload a couple here to show off a little   I can take requests too if there's anything in particular anyonme wants to see. No promises that I'll find it, but I'll take a look. I haven't come across too many NES games that I don't have a copy of... and when there's doubles, there almost always different variants. Like the black box pieces in the collection -  lots of dups, but very few dups that aren't unique variants.

May 30 at 8:50:24 AM
a3quit4s (24)
< Meka Chicken >
Western Australia
Originally posted by: jhm

Hi What Originally posted by: Mr. CIB

Lol.... you sure hit the ground running. 

Not sure how to take that (I do take a determined interest in things), but yes anything video game related I’m interested in. Judging by the pictures that Jeff posted showing the NWC entry ticket and program this goes way beyond having games and a literal history of Nintendo. If this was on display in a museum near the Carolinas I would have already called in sick Thursday and Friday and be in my car on the way!

We will have 2 GoCollect booths at HeroesCon in Charlotte, NC in a couple weeks - one for demoing new games functionality and the other for comics. I will be bringing some neat stuff from the collection and might be willing to take requests if there are areas of specific interest or curiosity. 

It truly is a history of NES and fascintates me every time I dive into a new box  

Thanks for the information, HeroesCon doesn't really sound like my cup of tea, but I'm sure others on here may make their way there. I honestly wished I lived closer to you so I could volunteer to help go through and catalogue stuff for you. I'm new here but also super appreciate your transparancy throughout the process.

Are you taking any pictures and stuff while going through it all? I'd love to browse an Instagram of you (or a super hot girl lol) just showing the more unique stuff.

May 30 at 8:51:16 AM
ADMINISTRATOR
jhm (0)
< Little Mac >
Originally posted by: JeremiahJT

Dain, did you have any Atari stuff left? I seem to recall you trading away your 2600 collection for Stadium Events or some such, but I was not sure if you had any other stuff.

Did the name Carolina Collection just get coined for this thread?

A few names were considered. This one just felt the most appropriate... and it rolls of the tounge nicely  

May 30 at 8:55:59 AM
ADMINISTRATOR
jhm (0)
< Little Mac >

Are you taking any pictures and stuff while going through it all? I'd love to browse an Instagram of you (or a super hot girl lol) just showing the more unique stuff.

Will soon begin posting on IG with the hashtag #carolinacollection
https://www.instagram.com/gocollectcomics/

May 30 at 8:56:49 AM
a3quit4s (24)
< Meka Chicken >
Western Australia

Will soon begin posting on IG with the hashtag #carolinacollection
https://www.instagram.com/gocollectcomics/

Man with a plan, love it.

May 30 at 9:09:54 AM
VGS_Br81zad (97)
( Beck) < Bowser >
Kentucky

i pm'd jeff and asked if he'd be sharing pics and collection details. didn't get a reply.

Sorry for not replying. I looked at my PM section, got overwhelmed really fast by the total number of messages in there, and haven't attempted to take the time to address them.

I do have all sorts of pictures of games that I took as I unloaded boxes and stacked them in staging areas. I'll upload a couple here to show off a little   I can take requests too if there's anything in particular anyonme wants to see. No promises that I'll find it, but I'll take a look. I haven't come across too many NES games that I don't have a copy of... and when there's doubles, there almost always different variants. Like the black box pieces in the collection -  lots of dups, but very few dups that aren't unique variants.

We actually have a "Show of your collection" thread. Check it out, there are some really nice set ups to snag ideas from in there:

http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=5&thr...

Videogamesage.com

May 30 at 10:32:10 AM
ADMINISTRATOR
jhm (0)
< Little Mac >
A tiny slice-o-pics. Some notes for reference:
  1. I was going to bring my pickup truck but only decided to use a large conversion van because I was concerned about weather. Good thing, because that sucker was packed tight! It ended up all taking up about four times as much room as I expected. I sent this pic to my wife... who then followed up with something toi the effect of - you're not bringing all that home, are you?
  2. The silver shelf you see has way more games on it than it looks like. Packed tight. These are only NES games that are US versions and NOT blackboxes or odd sized boxes. It doesn't include any homebrews, pirates, protos, PALs, etc. The bottom 3 shelves are all sealed. Crazy.
  3. The picture of the black boxes is just the pieces that hadn't been graded, were only US, were at least CIB. I think there are only one or two true doubles in here. Multiple copies = multiple variants.
  4. I was pulling out games that I knew were tough finds as I was stacking and was putting them in the box you see of the tops of boxes. At this point, my knowledge of what was what was extremely limited. I've found lots of gems along the way.
  5. It isn't 100% NES as you can see from a random pic of the PS1 games.
  6. Oh yea, and the stadium events case is probably my favorite  

May 30 at 10:47:38 AM
a3quit4s (24)
< Meka Chicken >
Western Australia

1. I was going to bring my pickup truck but only decided to use a large conversion van because I was concerned about weather. Good thing, because that sucker was packed tight! It ended up all taking up about four times as much room as I expected. I sent this pic to my wife... who then followed up with something toi the effect of - you're not bringing all that home, are you?
  2. The silver shelf you see has way more games on it than it looks like. Packed tight. These are only NES games that are US versions and NOT blackboxes or odd sized boxes. It doesn't include any homebrews, pirates, protos, PALs, etc. The bottom 3 shelves are all sealed. Crazy.
  3. The picture of the black boxes is just the pieces that hadn't been graded, were only US, were at least CIB. I think there are only one or two true doubles in here. Multiple copies = multiple variants.
  4. I was pulling out games that I knew were tough finds as I was stacking and was putting them in the box you see of the tops of boxes. At this point, my knowledge of what was what was extremely limited. I've found lots of gems along the way.

I know the price is undisclosed but I can't even fathom how you both came up with a price for everything. I feel like an awesome movie could be made about all of this lol

May 30 at 10:50:45 AM
Richardhead (13)
< Ridley Wrangler >
Colorado
So sad seeing that collection just all piled up on a shelf😢

May 30 at 11:18:04 AM
attakid101 (19)
(Fredo ) < King Solomon >
Idaho

hold up. Dain owned an Atwood box of sealed SE???

May 30 at 11:25:21 AM
VGS_Br81zad (97)
( Beck) < Bowser >
Kentucky

Pretty sure retail cases were distributed to more than a single source...

Plus, I don't see a sig on the box. lol

Videogamesage.com

May 30 at 11:27:26 AM
DefaultGen (28)
(Tyler Wilkin) < King Solomon >
United States
In the age of lofty titles like "The Carolina Collection" and "The Indiana Collection", I gotta say calling a SE case an Atwood Box is by far the best.

Listen to the  Collector's Quest Podcast 
Episode #131: Spooky Collectible Halloween Imports

May 30 at 11:29:55 AM
Richardhead (13)
< Ridley Wrangler >
Colorado

Edited: 05/30/2019 at 11:33 AM by Richardhead

May 30 at 11:39:54 AM
attakid101 (19)
(Fredo ) < King Solomon >
Idaho
Originally posted by: Br81zad

Pretty sure retail cases were distributed to more than a single source...

Plus, I don't see a sig on the box. lol

Distribution is one thing, but I assumed that recalled items were centrally stored. Which is why I assumed these cases were sourced from the same location. Just guessing though. 

May 30 at 11:41:28 AM
ADMINISTRATOR
jhm (0)
< Little Mac >

Sorry to disappoint, but it's just an empty box  

May 30 at 11:42:29 AM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
Is the SE case empty? Looks like the tape was cut ?

WTB Cdn sealed black boxes, sealed Cdn first party titles.    I.e. the "mattel" Cdn boxes with both french and english.   Mainly black boxes, zelda, link, and tyson, but let me know what you have.    I am interested in anything I don't already have!

May 30 at 11:42:44 AM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
jinx

WTB Cdn sealed black boxes, sealed Cdn first party titles.    I.e. the "mattel" Cdn boxes with both french and english.   Mainly black boxes, zelda, link, and tyson, but let me know what you have.    I am interested in anything I don't already have!

May 30 at 11:47:24 AM
PowerPlayers (87)
(The Phleo) < Bowser >
New Jersey

No, it's just an empty PAL box. Still cool though. Here's a photo I saved from back in the day.

https://i.imgur.com/Uq0WDZw.jpg

There is definitely at least one USA-NTSC box, and probably three. All of which are in Mr. Atwoods hands. I have no reason to doubt the man, but it's always best to be skeptical until all three are presented in one shot...or if better photos are provided to confirm they exist by looking for minor differences / flaws.

Edited: 05/30/2019 at 11:50 AM by PowerPlayers

May 31 at 4:43:59 AM
Braveheart69 (222)
(AKA BLACKBOXY) < Wiz's Mom >
Washington
Originally posted by: Dain

Originally posted by: tbone3969

How long before Dain starts collecting again......

I give him five years.
It's been very tempting, believe me -- a clean slate is very tempting.

Ok my friend, I’ll shoot you a text with the price for you to buy my collection and yes I’ll finally give you my master NES list.   

I HAVE IT ALL NOW NES WISE!  Unless you come across a Canadian DK JR MATH... if so I'm a Buyer!
USA GG set (Including all variants): COMPLETE!   Set includes 244 / 257 Sealed/NEW!
Euro GG set (Including all variants): Missing 9 boxes, 9 books, 9 carts.
Japan GG set: COMPLETE!  196/196
Brazil GG set: Have 61/68.  Need 5 boxes, 7 books, 3 carts.
GG Pirate Total68 different & Counting, Including Car Licence!
GG Prototypes:  4

May 31 at 9:21:15 AM
EVIL OVERLORD
Dain (226)
(Dain Anderson) < Founder >
North Carolina
Originally posted by: Braveheart69

I give him five years.

Ok my friend, I’ll shoot you a text with the price for you to buy my collection and yes I’ll finally give you my master NES list.   

Buying your collection is all it'll take? I'm in!

May 31 at 9:30:22 AM
PowerPlayers (87)
(The Phleo) < Bowser >
New Jersey

Originally posted by: Braveheart69

I give him five years.

Buying your collection is all it'll take? I'm in!

He can keep the collectibles. I just want that list!