Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

NA Amiibo Trading Post centralized location for those wanting to trade/help other members

Oct 3, 2015 at 2:29:09 PM
Soera (164)
< Ridley Wrangler >
Oklahoma
I have one I dont have interest in. I have others I want to get rid of too : Fox (loose), Greninja, Ike, Splatoon 3 pack (if deathmog doesnt claim it), Jigglypuff, Lucario, Marth, Meta Knight, Ness, Rosalina. All first release characters.

Oct 3, 2015 at 6:02:46 PM
Vandy (45)
< Meka Chicken >
British Columbia
Originally posted by: quest4nes

From a business standpoint i think nintendo reprinting more of wave 1 and 2 is a mistake. Just lost all mystique. Waiting this long just upsets people who bit the bullet and bought one months later. They didnt restock these for nearly a year? It definitely makes me not care as much. Kills the hype. Last wave was easy like it should be when they come out, but waiting nearly a year? Give me a break nintendo

I don't think that anyone would say that reprinting Waves 1 and 2 would be a mistake if they are still making money off of them.

The first time around, the only people who managed to buy the Amiibo were old nerds like all of us. This time around, they will actually be purchased by their intended audience: children. Especially with Christmas coming, it's a wonderful thing that kids will now be able to ask for an Amiibo they want to use in Super Mario Maker or something and will have a chance to receive it. If you're actually collecting them because you like them, I don't see how this will kill any sort of "hype" they have. It will just mean there is no stress or co-ordination involved in going and picking them up. I could see this being a bad thing if your collecting habits are only fueled by the thrill of the "hunt", but if it's because you genuinely enjoy having something in your collection, then this is in no way bad news at all.

Oct 3, 2015 at 7:57:45 PM
quest4nes (147)
(jeff -) < Bonk >
Texas
Originally posted by: Vandy

From a business standpoint i think nintendo reprinting more of wave 1 and 2 is a mistake. Just lost all mystique. Waiting this long just upsets people who bit the bullet and bought one months later. They didnt restock these for nearly a year? It definitely makes me not care as much. Kills the hype. Last wave was easy like it should be when they come out, but waiting nearly a year? Give me a break nintendo

I don't think that anyone would say that reprinting Waves 1 and 2 would be a mistake if they are still making money off of them.

The first time around, the only people who managed to buy the Amiibo were old nerds like all of us. This time around, they will actually be purchased by their intended audience: children. Especially with Christmas coming, it's a wonderful thing that kids will now be able to ask for an Amiibo they want to use in Super Mario Maker or something and will have a chance to receive it. If you're actually collecting them because you like them, I don't see how this will kill any sort of "hype" they have. It will just mean there is no stress or co-ordination involved in going and picking them up. I could see this being a bad thing if your collecting habits are only fueled by the thrill of the "hunt", but if it's because you genuinely enjoy having something in your collection, then this is in no way bad news at all.

It kills the buzz. If they reprinted right away its one tging. But waiting a year? I mean, its lame. I put so much effort into getting some of wave 2, it personally pisses me off. Reprinting all of them this long after is a slap in the face. It personally makes me not feel urgent at all to pick them up. Interest is already dying down. Reprinting "harder to get early ones" is a mistake. Lets be honest . These might be intended for kids. But thats not who is buying them to collect. 

From a business standpoint you wamt there to be hype demand. By reprinting year old amiibo you are killing it. The urgency isnt there now. I understand reprinting popular characters but sorry alot of them are niche. You should be pumping out a majority if them, while leaving a few not available much after initial big stock is sold.

The only one without a restock in sight is gold mario. The rest have and will be printed now. The hype around amiibo right now at a year long low. A ton of people have bailed and there arent even really lines here anymore. 

-------------------------

NES  646 (331 Manuals 319 Boxes)
Wii U 158
SNES 311
N64  189
Original Gameboy 48

Oct 3, 2015 at 9:39:37 PM
BalloonFight (233)
(Kyle Allen) < Ridley Wrangler >
California
Looking for these amiibos: Meta Knight / Captain Falcon / Marth

My TRU got sniped by someone who came in a bought all of the Captain Falcons / Lucarios that were restocked. Really lame. Please PM me if you have any of these to sell.

Always looking for early issues of these magazines: GameFan, Tips and Tricks, Electronic Gaming Monthly.
Don't be afraid to send me a PM if you have any of these. I would love to give you some games for your magazines. :)

Oct 4, 2015 at 1:17:31 PM
gkarris (0)

(my name) < Eggplant Wizard >
Illinois
  It kills the buzz. If they reprinted right away its one tging. But waiting a year? I mean, its lame. I put so much effort into getting some of wave 2, it personally pisses me off. Reprinting all of them this long after is a slap in the face. It personally makes me not feel urgent at all to pick them up. Interest is already dying down. Reprinting "harder to get early ones" is a mistake. Lets be honest . These might be intended for kids. But thats not who is buying them to collect. 

From a business standpoint you wamt there to be hype demand. By reprinting year old amiibo you are killing it. The urgency isnt there now. I understand reprinting popular characters but sorry alot of them are niche. You should be pumping out a majority if them, while leaving a few not available much after initial big stock is sold.

The only one without a restock in sight is gold mario. The rest have and will be printed now. The hype around amiibo right now at a year long low. A ton of people have bailed and there arent even really lines here anymore. 

Ty with Beanie Babies and Disney with Disney Infinity did the same thing. Why let scalpers make money off them instead of the manufacturer? It is only fair to parents and retailers who can now just walk into a retail store and buy one.

I don't think Ty and Disney and Nintendo have to worry about lack of "hype".

I welcome Nintendo printing enough so that I don't have to waste time and gas chasing them down (like with the TRON Figures for Disney Infinity 3.0).

Edited: 10/04/2015 at 01:19 PM by gkarris

Oct 4, 2015 at 2:21:34 PM
smeagolsama (211)
(Bronner's Army) < El Ripper >
Missouri
want: robin, lucina, paletuna
have: lucario, shulk (crinkle in plastic), falcon (crinkle in plastic), ness, gold mario, splatoon 3 pack, gamecube wii controller adaptor, possibly greninja (all of these are 1st print if there is such a thing)

Oct 4, 2015 at 3:01:08 PM
Jaz (41)
(Dylan P) < Eggplant Wizard >
New Brunswick
LF NIB NA: Lucina, Little Mac, Pit, Shulk

Have NIB NA: Marth (reprint), Ike, 30th Anniversary Classic Colour, Retro 3-Pack. (I could go to my local retailers for a Splatoon 3 pack, Olimar, Bowser Jr. or Dr. Mario, if anyone needs one)

PM if interested, thanks

Oct 5, 2015 at 12:05:07 PM
Vandy (45)
< Meka Chicken >
British Columbia

Well, that's one man's opinion. It hasn't killed anything for me. In fact, it's encouraged me to keep collecting these things because I will never have to worry about getting a complete set, which is what I want. The easier an Amiibo is to obtain, the more people you have buying them.

If there is still a demand for an Amiibo, it makes perfect business sense to reproduce it. Your "hype" scenario is equivalent to this:

- There is a huge worldwide demand for new Amiibo. Nintendo announces a Waluigi Amiibo. They produce only 100,000 of them at $20 a piece so they can ensure that there is significant "hype" for future releases. They are guaranteed to make $2,000,000 in profit with this release. Upon release day, there are lines outside of all the retailers. Ultimately, 1,000,000 people show up wanting one of these toys. As only 100,000 of them were produced, Nintendo has just willingly lost $18,000,000 in profits to ensure that there is significant "hype" for their next Amiibo release of only 100,000 units. Rather than simply satisfying the demand and laughing all the way to the bank. They will forever lose all of these potential profits, (mostly passing them along to the scalpers) just so they can continue the Amiibo "hype train".

That makes absolutely no business sense. When would you stop worrying about the "buzz" and the "hype" and actually start capitalizing on your profits? Do you wait until some new toy comes out that takes away the popularity of Amiibo in general?

Edited: 10/05/2015 at 12:06 PM by Vandy

Oct 5, 2015 at 12:46:04 PM
quest4nes (147)
(jeff -) < Bonk >
Texas
Originally posted by: Vandy

Well, that's one man's opinion. It hasn't killed anything for me. In fact, it's encouraged me to keep collecting these things because I will never have to worry about getting a complete set, which is what I want. The easier an Amiibo is to obtain, the more people you have buying them.

If there is still a demand for an Amiibo, it makes perfect business sense to reproduce it. Your "hype" scenario is equivalent to this:

- There is a huge worldwide demand for new Amiibo. Nintendo announces a Waluigi Amiibo. They produce only 100,000 of them at $20 a piece so they can ensure that there is significant "hype" for future releases. They are guaranteed to make $2,000,000 in profit with this release. Upon release day, there are lines outside of all the retailers. Ultimately, 1,000,000 people show up wanting one of these toys. As only 100,000 of them were produced, Nintendo has just willingly lost $18,000,000 in profits to ensure that there is significant "hype" for their next Amiibo release of only 100,000 units. Rather than simply satisfying the demand and laughing all the way to the bank. They will forever lose all of these potential profits, (mostly passing them along to the scalpers) just so they can continue the Amiibo "hype train".

That makes absolutely no business sense. When would you stop worrying about the "buzz" and the "hype" and actually start capitalizing on your profits? Do you wait until some new toy comes out that takes away the popularity of Amiibo in general?

I dont think we are saying the same thing. These are year old figures that were deemed "rare" getting reprints a year later. Why not just make a different cardboard or something so you get the best of both worlds. Collectors can stay happy, and everyone would still want to buy the new variant or get that character to use.

Im not saying have a more limited run of amiibos. Im saying leave some of the "rarer ones" alone and dont reprint every character. Waluigi in your example isnt a niche character. Id expect him to be widely available at all times. Whats ridiculous is stores dont even have warios charizards or any of that shit around here, but nintendo Ill be damned is going back and reprinting hard to find old ones. I still need a charizard actually. Why the fuck is a pokemon character that hard to find at a store. He is an example of a character they should be printing. Reprinting fox is freaking stupid to me. Just let it be and make a new series for the new starfox game. 

This whole thing is easy to resolve. Set preorders earlier. Fill that demand. Which is your base consumer. Then make a run of them for stores. That way you limit risk of flooding the market and everyone is happy. And at that point reprint popular characters like pokemon, mario , zelda etc.

NES  646 (331 Manuals 319 Boxes)
Wii U 158
SNES 311
N64  189
Original Gameboy 48

Edited: 10/05/2015 at 12:47 PM by quest4nes

Oct 5, 2015 at 12:53:06 PM
Vandy (45)
< Meka Chicken >
British Columbia
Why reprint Fox? Because they sold out all of their initial Fox toys. The figure is still popular, so you reprint it and sell more. I don't see any Fox characters on store shelves anywhere and he is a popular character. So why WOULDN'T you reprint him? You use the argument "why is a Pokemon character that hard to find". Well the same could be said for Donkey Kong and Kirby who have become two of the more sought-after of the earliest wave, because they have all sold out. Why are they so hard to find when they are so popular? Time for a reprint!

Reprinting some of the older ones doesn't mean they aren't going to reprint the current hard to find ones. They are reprinting in waves. Eventually they will get to Charizard and the other hard to find, sold out figures. In the future, every released Amiibo (with the exception of useless variants like Gold and Silver) will have been reprinted to satisfy the demand.

Oct 5, 2015 at 1:19:07 PM
teh lurv (118)
< King Solomon >
Massachusetts

I dont think we are saying the same thing. These are year old figures that were deemed "rare" getting reprints a year later. Why not just make a different cardboard or something so you get the best of both worlds. Collectors can stay happy, and everyone would still want to buy the new variant or get that character to use.

The first and second wave reprint cardboard is very different. The back layout design of the latest reprints were updated to include a N3DS compatibility picture. It should be easy for collectors who obsess about owning first print runs to tell the two apart:

My son... gives me Helpful Nintendo Hints that are far too complex for the adult mind to comprehend. Here's a verbatim example: "OK, there's Ganon and miniature Ganon and there's these things like jelly beans and the miniature Ganon is more powerfuller, because when you touch him the flying eagles come down and the octopus shoots red rocks and the swamp takes longer." And the hell of it is, I know he's right. - Dave Barry

Oct 5, 2015 at 1:56:57 PM
LastCat (73)
(Top Cat) < Lolo Lord >
Puerto Rico
I have a new in box Silver Mario Amiibo for trade.

Oct 5, 2015 at 2:14:13 PM
PuppyWaffles (114)
(Matt ) < Ridley Wrangler >
Tennessee
Looking to trade Animal Crossing Cards, I put up a post of my haves and wants if anyone is interested.

Got some Japanese N64 CIBs you wanna sell in good condition? I'm probably your guy!

Oct 5, 2015 at 2:18:19 PM
PuppyWaffles (114)
(Matt ) < Ridley Wrangler >
Tennessee
Also looking for a loose Mr. Game and Watch.

Got some Japanese N64 CIBs you wanna sell in good condition? I'm probably your guy!

Oct 5, 2015 at 7:31:20 PM
CLAYB1RD (105)
(Clay Myers) < El Ripper >
North Carolina
Looking to trade some Animal Crossing cards. Here is what I have and what I need:

W: 4, 8, 9, 10, 13, 21, 34, 37, 48, 58, 63, 67, 69, 80, 88, 95
H: 2, 5, 11, 14, 16, 18, 19, 22, 23, 28, 31, 35, 40, 46, 50, 61, 68, 79, 86, 93, 99, 100

Oct 9, 2015 at 3:32:57 PM
Heartbreak7 (23)

< Eggplant Wizard >
Virginia
Just a heads up to amiibo folks missing shulk, he's not exclusive to gamestop anymore. Just found him fully stocked at my local toys r us.

Oct 12, 2015 at 2:19:40 PM
punkr13 (115)
(B Rye) < King Solomon >
California
Anyone need oilmar star fox toad pacman - I'm at best buy now and they have em

my art stuff: http://punkr13.deviantart.com/...

my FS thread: http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/...

Oct 14, 2015 at 7:49:45 AM
Otraotaku (31)
(Otra The Otaku) < Lolo Lord >
Indiana
WANT: (All Preferably loose but will trade for CIB)
Lucina
Little Mac
Villager
Lucario
Wii-Fit Trainer
8-bit Mario
ROB (*JAPAN*)

TRADE:
Amiibo (Super Mario End Level) Display Stand! (CIB)
Retro 3-Pack (CIB)
Inkling Girl CIB)
Fox Mccloud (CIB) "Damaged card"
Inkling Boy (CIB)
Shulk (CIB)
Dark Pit (CIB)
Jigglypuff (CIB)
Gold Mario (CIB)
Silver Mario (CIB)
Toad (CIB)
Greninja (CIB)
Palutena (CIB)
Charizard (CIB)
Megaman (CIB)
Ness (Loose)

Looking for "Cart Only" BOUNTYS! Please feel free to PM with offers & add+ Shipping!
Pocky & Rocky 2 $200,  Pocky Rocky 1 $75, Bronkie The Bronchiasaurus $125, Space MegaForce $125, Super Turrican 2 $100, Zero: Kamakazi Squirrel $115

Trades
http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...
Want List
http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Edited: 10/14/2015 at 07:52 AM by Otraotaku

Oct 14, 2015 at 9:02:35 AM
kmksoulja (8)

(J W) < Eggplant Wizard >
Utah
Famicom rob looks awesome.

Edited: 11/16/2015 at 12:02 PM by kmksoulja

Oct 14, 2015 at 9:41:55 PM
TheBiRD (82)
(Eric 007-373-5963) < Kraid Killer >
Quebec
Looking for Samus Zero Suit, Bowser Jr. and Ganondorf!

Looking for SNeS : NHL 95-96 both sealed mint. Trade or $$ ! Help me complete my sealed set (I've Nhlpa93, nhl94, nhl97 and nhl98)

My SELLING Thread <------------------------------------------------------CLICK THERE 

Oct 14, 2015 at 10:12:01 PM
cgfeelit (163)
(Clint Gibbs) < Meka Chicken >
Indiana
Originally posted by: TheBiRD

Have extras of each will do cost + shipping + couple bucks for fees if interested

Oct 14, 2015 at 10:44:14 PM
Jaz (41)
(Dylan P) < Eggplant Wizard >
New Brunswick
Looking for final three NIB NA: Pit, Lucina, Little Mac

Have NIB NA:
Marth (Reprint)
Ike
Retro 3 Pack
(Could get my hands on a Bowser Jr., Splatoon 3 Pack, 30th Anniversary Classic Colour Mario, Dr. Mario, if anyone needs for trades)

Edited: 10/14/2015 at 10:45 PM by Jaz

Oct 15, 2015 at 5:51:27 AM
TheBiRD (82)
(Eric 007-373-5963) < Kraid Killer >
Quebec
Originally posted by: cgfeelit

Originally posted by: TheBiRD

Have extras of each will do cost + shipping + couple bucks for fees if interested

Pm'ed!

Looking for SNeS : NHL 95-96 both sealed mint. Trade or $$ ! Help me complete my sealed set (I've Nhlpa93, nhl94, nhl97 and nhl98)

My SELLING Thread <------------------------------------------------------CLICK THERE 

Oct 16, 2015 at 4:47:49 PM
punkr13 (115)
(B Rye) < King Solomon >
California
Anyone here looking for dark pit I see 2 at the best buy I'm at

my art stuff: http://punkr13.deviantart.com/...

my FS thread: http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/...

Oct 16, 2015 at 5:21:13 PM
Heartbreak7 (23)

< Eggplant Wizard >
Virginia
My best buy had dark pit as well. They also had probably close to 100 Marths.