Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Powerpak - File Not Found

Dec 28, 2007 at 6:45:25 PM
Dexyman (3)
(Agent J) < Little Mac >
United States
Got the Powerpak for Christmas and it is awesome!  One question, though - if a game, like Splatterhouse, says File Not Found when loaded, is there anything I can do to play this game on the Powerpak?  Thanks a lot Bunnyboy.

Agent J

-------------------------

Dec 28, 2007 at 7:34:51 PM
NationalGameDepot (279)
(Dr. NGD) < Bonk >
Tennessee
Most likely a mapper issue, esp. with Splatterhouse. It just isn't compatible yet.
~~NGD

Proud replier of post #1000 in the infamous Joel thread

Dec 28, 2007 at 8:41:59 PM
Dexyman (3)
(Agent J) < Little Mac >
United States
Okay thanks, I didn't want to keep searching for other versions of the file if it was just a mapper issue. Is there hope in the future for these games to be playable on the Powerpak? Another game that doesn't work due to mapper issues seems to be Super Mario World.

Dec 28, 2007 at 11:26:04 PM
mb7241 (183)
(Matt B.) < Bowser >
Tennessee
From what I am to understand, NGD is absolutely correct. Those two games use mappers that the PowerPak doesn't yet recognize (and from what I understand, Super Mario World uses some kind of ridiculously unusual mapper...could be wrong on this, though). I'd wait for a mapper update .

Answering any and all questions related to video game collecting.  Guaranteed true and honest answers from a man with nearly 20 years in the community.  Prices for these answers vary depending on the question.  For all inquiries, please PM me.