Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Tech Talk SNES Super Pro 6 Floppy Game Copier

Oct 26, 2017 at 4:17:55 PM
CanadianRyGuy (1)

< Cherub >
Ontario
Apologize if this is the incorrect forum, just trying to see if anyone has info on this old piece of hardware. Would anyone know if you're able to load a ROM onto a floppy disk and use it with this device to play on an SNES? Or does it use its own propreitary file format that you would need to convert it to first? Or can it do none of that kind of stuff. 

Thanks!

Edited: 10/26/2017 at 04:19 PM by CanadianRyGuy

Oct 26, 2017 at 4:43:19 PM
Abelardo (77)
(Abelardo González) < El Ripper >
Mexico
I own a similar copier and you have to convert roms to SMC format if I remember correctly & split them in 8megabit chunks (8 megabits = 1 megabyte), so for large 32mbit games you would use 4 diskettes.

There was an old DOS utility to split & convert the roms, don't really know if there's some other utility out there to do this task.

One interesting thing about my copier (a professor SF) is that it will format the diskettes as 1.6MB, it will allow you to store an 8mbit and a 4mbit rom on the same diskette and have some extra space for the game save file.

It's an interesting piece of hardware but I wouldn't want to use it nowadays, everdrive or powerpak are much more convenient and they're reasonably priced.