Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join
Oct 15 at 9:09:53 AM
SuperJimtendo (7)
(Jimbo ) < Lolo Lord >
Colorado
So much hostility for such a simple thread. Pins and needles up in this bitch.

-------------------------

owner of post 5000 in the age of Aquarius thread

Original Paintings for sale : https://www.etsy.com/shop/UVCStudios

Oct 15 at 9:27:18 AM
dra600n (300)
(Adym \m/) < Bonk >
Connecticut
Originally posted by: B.A.

Originally posted by: dra600n

Originally posted by: Gloves

In that case a "band-aid" fix could be the user (OP in this case) getting a name change and then perma-ban. If that's enough to put a person at ease I see no issue with it (here on NA anyway).

The fact Jeff ignored my PM's about this speaks volumes

It really doesn't.  He ignores everyone's pm's about everything. 

hahaha fair point.

Proud owner of post #1800 in Inner Circle HQ thread

Oct 15 at 9:28:17 AM
dra600n (300)
(Adym \m/) < Bonk >
Connecticut
Originally posted by: SuperJimtendo

So much hostility for such a simple thread. Pins and needles up in this bitch.
I don't think there's anything hostile in here. Immediately dismissive? Sure. Hostile? Nahhhh  

Proud owner of post #1800 in Inner Circle HQ thread

Oct 15 at 9:36:09 AM
CaLan87 (5)
(Cody ) < Eggplant Wizard >
Texas
I wonder what could have happened for him to all the sudden want to delete? He was a pretty active guy and just up and left? Kinda weird. What would be a reason for someone to want to completely delete? Just kind of wondering since I cant come up with a reason id want to.

*** Check out my WTB thread!! ***
http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Oct 15 at 9:39:47 AM
attakid101 (19)
(Fredo ) < King Solomon >
Idaho
Originally posted by: CaLan87

I wonder what could have happened for him to all the sudden want to delete? He was a pretty active guy and just up and left? Kinda weird. What would be a reason for someone to want to completely delete? Just kind of wondering since I cant come up with a reason id want to.
witness protection

Oct 15 at 9:42:21 AM
rlh (67)
(Richard ) < King Solomon >
North Carolina

Divorce and an online history of your loving dedication to video gaming?  IDK.

Please check out my --> WANT LIST (FIXED!)
~ Trading for a Bit of Everything ~

Oct 15 at 9:48:57 AM
CaLan87 (5)
(Cody ) < Eggplant Wizard >
Texas
Originally posted by: attakid101

witness protection

well that is true but seems so far out there since its such a rare occurence..... or is it  

*** Check out my WTB thread!! ***
http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Oct 17 at 9:20:31 AM
Krunch (146)
(My name's Krunch) < King Solomon >
Alberta

Originally posted by: attakid101

witness protection

well that is true but seems so far out there since its such a rare occurence..... or is it  

thats the thing theyre all so well-protected you never hear about em

https://www.ebay.com/sch/bestpric...=
^^discounts for NA members^^

Oct 17 at 9:57:21 AM
Mega Tank (186)
< Wiz's Mom >
United States

Mayve his boss joined the forum and he's been posting on company time. OOOOH.

Official NA Discord Chat Invite:  https://discord.gg/jEEcv3e

Oct 17 at 5:24:42 PM
barrels (149)
< Bowser >
California
He's so full of shit, he logged in today.

Oct 17 at 7:37:54 PM
Splain (28)
< Lolo Lord >
Arizona
Ha, he did. Not sure why he wants to delete either, especially with "See y'all in V2 hopefully."

From a technical standpoint, seems like a simple-ish SQL script could take care of anything anyone cares about (change username in a non-sunglasses way, change all posts to something like "this user has elected to pseudo-delete his/her account.") But I appreciate being able to still see usernames and posts when a user is banned.

It sucks when someone deletes or edits a post, because then the conversation might stop making sense forever. So maybe the SQL could just change their name (and I guess references to the username if the user was Quoted) to a generic "[deleted]" username, so that it's indistinguishable from other deleted users, nice and anonymous. And leave the actual posts alone. As for PMs, that feels a lot like email, and you can't delete an email that someone else has already received. But I've PM'd my address to lots of you guys, including a3quit4s, and I guess it would be nice if the theoretical future Hackerman didn't have access to that. Especially if Hackerman is located near me and likes Game Boy games.