Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Final Fantasy VII remake Who is getting FFVII remake ?

Aug 20 at 5:41:26 PM
HammerDaddy (8)
< El Ripper >
Antartica
Originally posted by: Megamanfanfan

I think that they even had the testicles to remake the game in the first place says enough.

FF-VII is my favourite game of all time and I'm not even worried about them fucking it up, sure the battle system isn't what I want but frig it.

11/10 call on keeping Tifa's original design too.
I’m going to be really annoyed if the battle system even remotely resembles that garbage we got in xv 

Aug 20 at 6:36:32 PM
kguillemette (13)

(Kyle Guillemette) < Meka Chicken >
New Hampshire
Seems like so many people are looking for reasons to not like this one. I recommend they skip this one.

-------------------------
FT/FS list  ​​​http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Gamecube needs list ​http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Aug 20 at 6:53:55 PM
Uncle Meat (69)
(SanitaryNonAvengerRules ) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario
Originally posted by: HammerDaddy

I think that they even had the testicles to remake the game in the first place says enough.

FF-VII is my favourite game of all time and I'm not even worried about them fucking it up, sure the battle system isn't what I want but frig it.

I'm going to be really annoyed if the battle system even remotely resembles that garbage we got in xv 

I think it might be a little similar man.

Ayy yoo pizza bie!

Aug 20 at 7:55:26 PM
HammerDaddy (8)
< El Ripper >
Antartica

Originally posted by: HammerDaddy

I'm going to be really annoyed if the battle system even remotely resembles that garbage we got in xv 

I think it might be a little similar man.

That is ... suck.

Aug 20 at 11:28:55 PM
rlh (67)
(Richard ) < King Solomon >
North Carolina
Originally posted by: kguillemette

Seems like so many people are looking for reasons to not like this one. I recommend they skip this one.

Generally I am optimistic about anything I have renewed childhood nostalgia for but I think the reason why so many people worry is because many of us old enough to have played the original back when it was released have all been burned by having a beloved franchise or story suck when revisited.  STAR WARS, Duke Nukem, others I’m sure I can think of.  SE can be hit or miss and, of course, there are many of us old timers who simply miss the old school style of turn based RPGs so not staying true to that already puts this title behind the eight ball.

That said, I’m just going to do my best to come along for the ride. Above I mentioned that I basically have to will myself through Midgar on replays but I must admit that it has potential.  I think the addition of the overworld and the ability to grow thr characters in many diverse game regions helped the original.  Midgar has tremendous potential because the idea of slums under a massive disc city, and a massive train system does sound amazing.  If Midgar is a “deep” place, it could definitelt catch my attention again.

But to be fair, the first time I played FF VII, I loved every minute of it.  I guess the real issue is that when I play it now, I play it for everything after the introductions.  It really is from the entry to the overworld and on that I enjoy the game today.

Please check out my --> WANT LIST (FIXED!)
~ Trading for a Bit of Everything ~

Aug 21 at 1:23:14 AM
Uncle Meat (69)
Ontario
I share the same feelings about the game but this had a 0.05% chance to be turn based. Final Fantasy games haven't truly been turn based in yeeeaaars, I had already accepted it wouldn't be when it was announced.

For this game the battle system is secondary to the story, I can deal with a different battle system. Lots of great quasi-turnbased/action RPGs out there, its doable.

Ayy yoo pizza bie!

Aug 21 at 12:27:16 PM
Gaia Gensouki (0)
< Tourian Tourist >
Today I had the opportunity to play a demo of FFVII Remake during the Gamescom in Cologne and it was quite interesting overall. At first they showed us a nice little intro video with Jesse explaining the battle system and the mission, followed by the new opening cinematic we have surely all seen by now. Afterwards I got to play the actual demo. It started right during the raid on the first Mako reactor and lasted until the end of the first boss fight.

As for the battle system it is definitely an Action RPG. You move around and fight in real-time, can exchange characters on the fly, give them commands, block attacks with R1 and evade with the circle button. You still have an ATB bar that gradually fills when starting a battle and it fills faster when you hit enemies with normal attacks. As soon as one of the ATB bars is full you can call up the menu in which you can select a command, e.g. a special attack, magic from your Materia or using an item. During this time the game "freezes", or rather it slows down drastically so that you have a bit of free time to select what you want to do. Also, Cloud and Barret played a little bit differently. Barret could attack enemies from a safe distance and even target flying enemies or enemies that were farther away, whereas Cloud seemed overall a bit more consistent and better in his damage output. But he was obviously always at risk due to his close range attacks.

Then there was also a break bar (or whatever it was called), that reminded me a lot of FFXIII, i.e. with many subsequent attacks you could break the defense of an enemy, leaving that foe unable to do anything while you were inflicting twice the damage. So when you used these new special attacks you could select between one powerful single-target attack, a weaker multi-target attack and another attack that raised the enemy's break bar significantly. So it's much more than simply mashing buttons to win and it was actually really fun. Don't get me wrong, I still prefer good old turn-based RPGs, but I didn't mind this new battle system.

Then I have also noticed that they might have fleshed out the dialogues and cut-scenes a little bit. During the mission and the boss fight, Barret and Cloud were also talking much more than from what I can remember. But it's been years since I've last played the game, so I could be wrong. Anyway, they have definitely made that boss fight more dramatic and tense overall. It was easily the largest part of the demo.

Edited: 08/21/2019 at 12:45 PM by Gaia Gensouki

Aug 21 at 12:37:00 PM
Uncle Meat (69)
Ontario
Thanks for the insight bud, I can't believe all the doubts.

Ayy yoo pizza bie!

Aug 21 at 1:24:24 PM
rlh (67)
(Richard ) < King Solomon >
North Carolina
Yes, thanks! I didn't know there was already a playable demo, even at a game show. Exciting$

Please check out my --> WANT LIST (FIXED!)
~ Trading for a Bit of Everything ~

Aug 21 at 1:37:26 PM
AstralSoul13 (48)
(Mike ) < Bowser >
New York
Me

Aug 25 at 6:31:28 AM
AC Skywalker (56)
(Matt ) < Kraid Killer >
Canada
Day one

Currently looking for:

http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=56&th...

Aug 25 at 12:17:26 PM
LinkMansion (1)
< Tourian Tourist >
Texas
I've been waiting for the remake at least since 2011, but considering that it will be released in separate parts, I'm going to wait and see how that'll work out before shelling out any cash towards it.

Aug 26 at 11:15:26 AM
Estil (10)
< King Solomon >
Kentucky
I'd rather have a FF9 remake  

My best friend Jamiee and my dearly departed Tweetie (2005-2012):
http://s650.photobucket.com/user/...

Collection:
NES (222)   SNES (98)   N64 (
29)   GC (31)   GEN (52)  
PS1 (39)   PS2 (23)   PS3 (8)   WII (11)   WIIU (6)
GBA (44)  GBC (12)   GB (25)   DS (14)   3DS (8)

Aug 26 at 11:47:34 AM
Uncle Meat (69)
Ontario
Originally posted by: Estil

Is it because Zidane has a cat tail, Estil?

Ayy yoo pizza bie!

Edited: 08/26/2019 at 11:48 AM by Uncle Meat

Aug 26 at 1:04:28 PM
barrels (149)
< Bowser >
California

do you really have to ask?

Aug 26 at 1:05:55 PM
Uncle Meat (69)
Ontario
Originally posted by: barrels

I just wanna see him say yes.

Ayy yoo pizza bie!

Aug 26 at 1:06:51 PM
barrels (149)
< Bowser >
California
Purrrfect

Aug 26 at 2:24:20 PM
pegboy (44)
< Bowser >
Washington
I really hope they change the story and tell something completely different from the original. If this is going to be the equivalent of the Disney "live action remakes" it can go fuck off just like those can.

Aug 26 at 2:41:48 PM
Uncle Meat (69)
Ontario
Originally posted by: pegboy

I really hope they change the story and tell something completely different from the original. If this is going to be the equivalent of the Disney "live action remakes" it can go fuck off just like those can.

I could see some minor deviations from it but I don't think they'd go so far as to take the completely different route.

I get where you are coming from though, it would be nice to just get a surprise or something rather than just know exactly what is going to happen at every single moment.

Ayy yoo pizza bie!

Aug 26 at 6:53:29 PM
BouncekDeLemos (81)
(Bouncy Blooper) < Wiz's Mom >
Florida
It's odd that Tifa's design is changed, mainly the leggings and shorts. It's like the same with the Dark Queen in the new Battletoads game (Actually, she got it worse).

Might want to wait 'til after the hype's died down in it.

Originally posted by: dra600n

I feel bad, but, that's magic.
Sell/Trade: NA - http://goo.gl/Bi25pL... SA - http://goo.gl/qmKao... PSC - http://goo.gl/VYlKhP...
http://goo.gl/xmzKR...

Aug 27 at 7:19:25 AM
dra600n (300)
(Adym \m/) < Bonk >
Connecticut
If times are changing, why aren't they just making a new FF?

They had me until they changed the mechanics. ARPG? No thanks.

Proud owner of post #1800 in Inner Circle HQ thread

Aug 27 at 8:03:21 AM
NES Connoisseur (0)
(Nintendo Enthusiast ) < Eggplant Wizard >
North Carolina
From what I am seeing so far I might pass on this ,I am not a fan of how they are completely changing the mechanics of the game ..

Aug 27 at 5:37:16 PM
Estil (10)
< King Solomon >
Kentucky
Originally posted by: AndysGoodArm
Originally posted by: barrels

I just wanna see him say yes.
I'm sorry to have to disappoint you but I love how FF9 is the last FF to date to take place in a traditional fantasy/kingdom sort of setting, I love how it has all kinds of upgrading/learning skills options...as well as how its graphics (especially the cutscenes) are among the best you'll ever find on PS1.

Now as for its BradyGames guide OTOH (with its literally half-ass PlayOnline gimmick which really hasn't "aged well"...in fact it's all gone now!!!!)...well let's just say it'd make a fantastic AVGN episode  

Collection:
29)   GC (31)   GEN (52)  

Aug 27 at 8:43:09 PM
themisfit138 (12)
< Meka Chicken >
Indiana
I am fine playing through the versions that came out on PS4 and Switch with the x2 battle systems option. All the new rereleases on Switch have been good.
Plus, Square will never finish the entire game. We will get maybe part 2 within the next 5 or so years at the end of the PS5 life cycle and that still won't be the finished game.

Aug 28 at 12:52:04 AM
Estil (10)
< King Solomon >
Kentucky
Originally posted by: themisfit138

Plus, Square will never finish the entire game. We will get maybe part 2 within the next 5 or so years at the end of the PS5 life cycle and that still won't be the finished game.
Oh really?  They're gonna pull that piecemeal crap like they did with the Wii versions of Sonic 4 and FF4...and then leave them unfinished and those who bought the stupid things SOL?  And that probably means no real disc release of the game?  So bottom line, will I even consider getting the FF7 remake under those circumstances?

Collection:
29)   GC (31)   GEN (52)  

Edited: 08/28/2019 at 12:52 AM by Estil