Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Analogue Twitter: Oct 16 2019 8AM PST - Analogue Pocket

Oct 16 at 11:52:35 AM
Boosted52405 (487)
(Eric Bizzle) < Bowser >
Iowa
Wow I went from having 0 interest in this to yes sign me up. The fact it can be docked is insanely awesome, I guess I'll sell my GC GBA player now lol.

-------------------------

Oct 16 at 12:43:38 PM
Californication (34)

< Meka Chicken >
I don't do handhelds, but I have a list of GBA and Advance games I plan on getting at some point. This may speed up that process.

Oct 16 at 12:44:45 PM
punch-out!!84 (26)
(Mac ) < Eggplant Wizard >
Illinois
Yeah, I think I'll sell my spare GCN Gameboy player as well. However, I want to use a wired controller from Nintendo like I can for the Super NT.

Oct 16 at 12:50:28 PM
Californication (34)

< Meka Chicken >
Originally posted by: punch-out!!84

Yeah, I think I'll sell my spare GCN Gameboy player as well. However, I want to use a wired controller from Nintendo like I can for the Super NT.

I didn't think of that. I wonder if this will make the Gamecube player irrelevant?

Edited: 10/16/2019 at 12:51 PM by Californication

Oct 16 at 9:46:06 PM
DoctorEncore (6)
< Crack Trooper >
Another Analogue to add to the collection. Awwww yeah.

Current Project: NES NTSC CIB Set
Progress: ~550/678

WTB: CIB NES games. PM me if seeking a buyer. CLICK HERE TO SEE MY LIST.

WTB: NIB NES games so I can open them and add to the_wizard_666's Sealed Game Contents forum topic and FAQ @ https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/nes....

Oct 16 at 10:06:52 PM
acromite53 (21)
(Evan ) < Lolo Lord >
Texas
The big deal is that it can play Neo Geo Pocket Color games for the first time on a lit screen. The original system didn't have a light and you can't do a backlight mod on those. Wow!

Oct 17 at 2:07:43 AM
ifightdragons (7)
< Lolo Lord >
Norway
The fact that it's consolized via an HDMI dock is just the cherry pn top!

I write shorthand reviews of every classic game I beat on The Backloggery, have a look-see.

Oct 17 at 8:57:39 AM
zi (73)
(Tom Rag) < King Solomon >
New York
loving the alt LSDJ - can't wait to try it!

I AM ZI, CHIPTUNE ARTIST FOR THE NINTENDO ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM, COMPOSER OF BOTH BLEEPS AND BOPS, VIRTUOSO OF INSTRUMENT FABRICATION, MERCENARY OF THE RETRO MUSICAL SOUNDSCAPE! THE SEGA DEVELOPMENT GUYS KNOW ME AS KNUCKLES SPRINGSTEIN, THE LONG ISLANG GEEK SQUAD KNOW ME AS ABE ECKSTEIN'S BOY, AND I AM KNOWN IN CANADA AS THAT KEENER WHO ALWAYS GETS THE NUMBER TWO BREAKFAST COMBO AT TIMMIES... and there are other secret names you do not know of yet.

Oct 17 at 10:02:21 AM
rlh (67)
(Richard ) < King Solomon >
North Carolina
First, to be boutique hardware at that price makes this a no-brainer purchase if you are a handheld fan. $200 feels dirt cheap and I'm guessing part of the reason why they can get around that price is that they have experience (and possibly code resources) to control the FPGAs for some of these systems.  Well, the GG work might have been done.  I imagine once you do the GBA, doing the GBC and GB is likely "finished", since all you really need to do is the GBA.

I will definitely be pre-ordering this and I'm glad I didn't drop over $500 for the MegaSG so I could play Game Gear games.

But I'm gonna be that guy. These older games need a DAC. There, I said it. I want to game on a CRT so dem pixels are fuzzy, the way they always should be if it's from the 90s.

Please check out my --> WANT LIST (FIXED!)
~ Trading for a Bit of Everything ~

Edited: 10/17/2019 at 10:05 AM by rlh

Oct 17 at 10:10:03 AM
zeppelin03 (62)
< El Ripper >
Ohio
Originally posted by: rlh

First, to be boutique hardware at that price makes this a no-brainer purchase if you are a handheld fan. $200 feels dirt cheap and I'm guessing part of the reason why they can get around that price is that they have experience (and possibly code resources) to control the FPGAs for some of these systems.  Well, the GG work might have been done.  I imagine once you do the GBA, doing the GBC and GB is likely "finished", since all you really need to do is the GBA.

I will definitely be pre-ordering this and I'm glad I didn't drop over $500 for the MegaSG so I could play Game Gear games.

But I'm gonna be that guy. These older games need a DAC. There, I said it. I want to game on a CRT so dem pixels are fuzzy, the way they always should be if it's from the 90s.

It will be compatible with their DAC. I've been tempted to replace a lot of hardware with these and a DAC should I want to hook up to CRT

Oct 17 at 10:17:48 AM
rlh (67)
(Richard ) < King Solomon >
North Carolina
Originally posted by: zeppelin03

It will be compatible with their DAC. I've been tempted to replace a lot of hardware with these and a DAC should I want to hook up to CRT

I didn't see that, but I found out about it by skimming an Engadget page.  I remember hearing about that DAC but didn't even look it up because it sounded expensive.  I better check it out though.  I assume since it was designed by the same company, they will test it out with this device for best results.

Please check out my --> WANT LIST (FIXED!)
~ Trading for a Bit of Everything ~

Oct 17 at 10:23:32 AM
zeppelin03 (62)
< El Ripper >
Ohio

Originally posted by: zeppelin03

I didn't see that, but I found out about it by skimming an Engadget page.  I remember hearing about that DAC but didn't even look it up because it sounded expensive.  I better check it out though.  I assume since it was designed by the same company, they will test it out with this device for best results.

Their stuff always seems to be a fair price until you see their shipping rates. I don't recall the DAC being a terrible price but they really toe the line. At the rate they are going out could have most all 8/16bit consoles on your HDTV and CRT. Much more convenient than an OSSC and other cables as well.

Oct 17 at 10:33:08 AM
Tulpa (2)
< Wiz's Mom >
California
I imagine once you do the GBA, doing the GBC and GB is likely "finished", since all you really need to do is the GBA.
Actually the GBA used a separate coprocessor for GB/GBC compatibility, so I imagine this has distinct cores for each Nintendo handheld.

Oct 17 at 11:52:31 AM
Splain (28)
< Lolo Lord >
Arizona
Originally posted by: Tulpa

I imagine once you do the GBA, doing the GBC and GB is likely "finished", since all you really need to do is the GBA.
Actually the GBA used a separate coprocessor for GB/GBC compatibility, so I imagine this has distinct cores for each Nintendo handheld.

Truth. That's why putting a GB game into a GBA pushes a physical switch down, to tell the GBA to boot into GB(C) mode. The GB micro doesn't include that GBC functionality and doesn't play GB games.

Oct 17 at 4:15:21 PM
Deegs (4)
(Dan ) < Tourian Tourist >
Missouri
Looks really awesome though the fact they are again promising cartridge adapters kind of ticks me off. They've yet to even deliver on the Mega Sg adapters which were a big selling point for that system.