Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

NintendoAge 2017 Weekly Contests Presents: Donkey Kong 3 Contest ends Sunday, 5/28/17 at 11 PM NA time

May 28, 2017 at 11:34:08 AM
Richardhead (13)
< Ridley Wrangler >
Colorado
Bea, your strategy of getting drunk and winning failed me last night. I had a really good run going, then saw Red had 1.5 million. I paused and got pretty drunk before returning, just to get a measly 1.4 million. On stage 99 mind you. That is unofficially my best, as I don't think it's necessary to take the time to post 3 pictures😝

May 28, 2017 at 11:42:09 AM
Bea_Iank (4)
(Beatrice Bueno Iank) < Master Higgins >
Brazil
Originally posted by: Richardhead

Bea, your strategy of getting drunk and winning failed me last night. I had a really good run going, then saw Red had 1.5 million. I paused and got pretty drunk before returning, just to get a measly 1.4 million. On stage 99 mind you. That is unofficially my best, as I don't think it's necessary to take the time to post 3 pictures😝
It didn't work very well for me, considering that my top score is smaller than yours too.
It mostly works with games that are fun to play.  

-------------------------
A paragon of purity, chastity and innocence.
Fair reminder that I don't weigh the same as a duck, so I am not made of wood and therefore I am no witch.
Sometimes I don't know where in the world I am.

May 28, 2017 at 11:45:22 AM
Richardhead (13)
< Ridley Wrangler >
Colorado
Originally posted by: Bea_Iank

It didn't work very well for me, considering that my top score is smaller than yours too.

I actually had some fun learning this game. 

May 28, 2017 at 11:51:05 AM
Bea_Iank (4)
Brazil

I actually had some fun learning this game. 

That "fun" disappeared quickly for me once I noticed that I could just keep repeating the same stuff over and over to make to stage 99.  
It was Super Sprint all over again.

Fair reminder that I don't weigh the same as a duck, so I am not made of wood and therefore I am no witch.

May 28, 2017 at 12:03:21 PM
Richardhead (13)
< Ridley Wrangler >
Colorado
You're right Bea, that's why I said I had fun learning the game. After the first time I got to 99 it was a bore . I just really wanted a win this week😜

May 28, 2017 at 12:05:58 PM
Bea_Iank (4)
Brazil

You're right Bea, that's why I said I had fun learning the game. After the first time I got to 99 it was a bore . I just really wanted a win this week😜
With Red playing this week and it being a shooter like game, that would be tough.
I will be hoping you hold on to the second place like I did on TGL week when he crushed us all.

May 28, 2017 at 12:17:23 PM
mbd39 (1)
(Michael ) < Bowser >
Arkansas
I doubt that I'm going to be much of a factor in the contests until Target Renegade. I've never played Yoshi or StarTropics.

Reigning NA 2018 Beat Em Up Champion

May 28, 2017 at 1:28:19 PM
Uncle Meat (69)
(SanitaryNonAvengerRules ) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario

Ayy yoo pizza bie!

May 28, 2017 at 1:50:41 PM
Redneck_RN (0)
(T-Bone, T-Roc, Pokémom ) < Eggplant Wizard >
Ontario

May 28, 2017 at 2:20:53 PM
TWarwick07 (85)
(Kung Fu Master) < King Solomon >
New Jersey
For me I found that getting DK up the vines asap was the way to go, bonus points and perfects increase your score more quickly. Also leave the super sprayer on the ground until you absolutely need it, if you dont use it it keeps carrying over to the next stage , then try and use it on the red stage because if you are quick enough you can clear 3 stages using the super spray.

May 28, 2017 at 2:23:29 PM
mbd39 (1)
(Michael ) < Bowser >
Arkansas
Originally posted by: TWarwick07

For me I found that getting DK up the vines asap was the way to go, bonus points and perfects increase your score more quickly. Also leave the super sprayer on the ground until you absolutely need it, if you dont use it it keeps carrying over to the next stage , then try and use it on the red stage because if you are quick enough you can clear 3 stages using the super spray.

Getting DK up the vines ASAP isn't easy when there are all those bugs flying around stealing plants and worms getting in the way. If I focus on shooting Kong then the bugs get out of control and if I focus on the bugs then I lose all my progress on shooting Kong.

Reigning NA 2018 Beat Em Up Champion

May 28, 2017 at 2:24:48 PM
TWarwick07 (85)
New Jersey
I have mentioned this before but this game is very sentimental to me. When I was young and got my NES for Christmas DK3 was one of the games I got along with soccer and pinball, it was the first game I ever fired up on my deluxe set. 4 am on Christmas morning . Thanks Santa !

May 28, 2017 at 2:26:53 PM
TWarwick07 (85)
New Jersey
Originally posted by: mbd39

Getting DK up the vines ASAP isn't easy when there are all those bugs flying around stealing plants and worms getting in the way. If I focus on shooting Kong then the bugs get out of control and if I focus on the bugs then I lose all my progress on shooting Kong.

I clear out the first wave of exploding bees and hornets then go as quick as possible on dk, I only try and rescue a plant if it is right above me, I let 1 plant go to clear thenstage and move on to the next stage

May 28, 2017 at 2:32:57 PM
Bea_Iank (4)
Brazil

I have mentioned this before but this game is very sentimental to me. When I was young and got my NES for Christmas DK3 was one of the games I got along with soccer and pinball, it was the first game I ever fired up on my deluxe set. 4 am on Christmas morning . Thanks Santa !
Always nice to have people perform well on games that have sentimental value to them.  
Here's for you beating my score by tonight, at the very least. You deserve that 5th place much more than I do in this case.

May 28, 2017 at 3:09:26 PM
tablew/chairs (11)
< Meka Chicken >
Michigan
updated score

May 28, 2017 at 3:14:16 PM
TWarwick07 (85)
New Jersey

Always nice to have people perform well on games that have sentimental value to them.  
Here's for you beating my score by tonight, at the very least. You deserve that 5th place much more than I do in this case.

I tapped out after rolling the score, came down with a stomach virus yesterday and am suffering through work today.  I am content with the score, wish I could have landed on top though

May 28, 2017 at 4:13:33 PM
ninjistar (29)
(Mr E ) < El Ripper >
California
Originally posted by: arnpoly

No updates in 24 hours ... did everyone up and quit playing?  
Yes lol. I have been lying to myself. I was sure I could find time to play and be competitive even while moving and selling my house.  I was so wrong. The last 4 weeks have been brutal. My game time went from hours a day to a few hours a week, if possible. I've went from "Eat, sleep, collect, repeat" to "Work, pack, move, and clean". It will be worth it when it's all done though!

On the hunt for prototypes...

Eat, sleep, collect, repeat.
[ YouTube ]   [ Twitter ]   [ Blog ]   [ RF Generation ]   [ VGCollect ]   [ NA WTB

May 28, 2017 at 4:14:55 PM
Bea_Iank (4)
Brazil

I tapped out after rolling the score, came down with a stomach virus yesterday and am suffering through work today.  I am content with the score, wish I could have landed on top though
Aww. Sorry to hear that.
I hope you get better soon. I too wish you could have landed on top.

May 28, 2017 at 4:30:43 PM
TWarwick07 (85)
New Jersey
Thanks for the get well wishes, going to give pro am a try this week if I score some free time

May 28, 2017 at 5:15:54 PM
Red (80)
(Green Blue) < Lolo Lord >
United States
Updated my score. I feel like I could have done better (I let the bugs get away with the plants pretty often), but I still met my goal of breaking two million, so I'm done for the day.

May 28, 2017 at 5:17:20 PM
Mega Tank (186)
< Wiz's Mom >
United States
Updated my score. Pg. 1. Meh...

Official NA Discord Chat Invite:  https://discord.gg/jEEcv3e

May 28, 2017 at 6:30:57 PM
Murray (34)
(Count of Tuscany ) < El Ripper >
Colorado

Fun game! I hope everyone has a great holiday. Now if you'll excuse me, the booze pool is in desperate need of ice!  

"Why's that guy wearing a suit to a garage sale?"

May 28, 2017 at 6:58:27 PM
Krunch (146)
(My name's Krunch) < King Solomon >
Alberta

Ok

https://www.ebay.com/sch/bestpric...=
^^discounts for NA members^^

May 28, 2017 at 7:28:47 PM
Gloves (110)
(Douglas Glover) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario
Originally posted by: Red

Updated my score. I feel like I could have done better (I let the bugs get away with the plants pretty often), but I still met my goal of breaking two million, so I'm done for the day.

You're crazy. Bonkers!

May 28, 2017 at 7:31:30 PM
Uncle Meat (69)
(SanitaryNonAvengerRules ) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario
Originally posted by: SuperJimtendo

You all should have known this was .... Coming 😘  photo 20170523_123432_zpsggkbrt4x.jpg

Now I know why I go back and read all the contest thread pages....

Ayy yoo pizza bie!