Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Nintendo Gamecube Controller Unresponsive Issue Troubleshooting an issue with a Gamecube controller.

Jun 17 at 9:13:57 PM
RileySkye100 (0)

(Gabriel D.) < Cherub >
Massachusetts
So basically, I have a silver OEM Gamecube controller that will not work at all. What's strange is that when I plug the controller into the console, it doesn't come up as saying there's no controller plugged in. I tried every button, but nothing. I thought at first to take it apart and clean the carbon contacts and the board, but no response. Recently, I revisited the controller to see if there were any broken traces or something. I'm still trying to figure out what's wrong with the cable as the solder points look fine. I even used rubbing alcohol to remove any flux residue left behind. Then I decided to remove a bit of sheath from the cable covering the wires and discovered that all but one wire was covered with a colored cover. The black wire looked like initially it is covered, but digging further in, I discovered a mess of this not covered up at all. It makes me wonder why the assembly line at Nintendo didn't spot such a mess and if they did, why not fix it. Strangely enough, the exposed copper wire were still making a solid continuity with the solder point on the board. I also checked the cable plug to find any damage to the connector. Nothing out of the ordinary. I was considering getting a replacement, but there's no silver cables available as there's just the black ones. So that is where I'm at. If anyone can help me out or have a silver Gamecube controller cable they can't use, I would really much appreciate it.