Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Zombies ate my Neighbours Sealed Alternate Box Art

Oct 21, 2012 at 1:16:42 PM
alekx (108)
(Alexander Kong) < Bowser >
Alberta
Are you serious, has fucking with the system become that acceptable?

Oct 21, 2012 at 1:25:07 PM
Laserman (179)

(Joe ) < Bowser >
Oklahoma
Originally posted by: buyatari2

Originally posted by: maximus_clean

Originally posted by: KBcollector

That's an insane price, can't believe he got that much for basically a CIB copy.

I know the buyer, unfortunately he didn't ask me before he bought it.

Unless he wants to pay 1200 for a box (who knows what is inside) tell him to refuse the shipment. Paypal will side with him anyway.

Seeing that the seller is a member here and has posted in this thread, I think he just might find this post and not be very happy if this happens. If it does happen I will be in touch with him and add the buyer's info to the HOS. I hate to be the asshole here guys but things like this are not acceptable. The listing does say in big bold print...For the sake of the auction we will call it resealed, but who knows.

-------------------------

Edited: 10/21/2012 at 01:25 PM by Laserman

Oct 21, 2012 at 3:18:58 PM
buyatari2 (30)

< Master Higgins >
United States
Originally posted by: laserman81

Originally posted by: maximus_clean

Originally posted by: KBcollector

That's an insane price, can't believe he got that much for basically a CIB copy.

I know the buyer, unfortunately he didn't ask me before he bought it.

Unless he wants to pay 1200 for a box (who knows what is inside) tell him to refuse the shipment. Paypal will side with him anyway.

Seeing that the seller is a member here and has posted in this thread, I think he just might find this post and not be very happy if this happens. If it does happen I will be in touch with him and add the buyer's info to the HOS. I hate to be the asshole here guys but things like this are not acceptable. The listing does say in big bold print...For the sake of the auction we will call it resealed, but who knows.

Just to be clear selling reseals is ok but not paying for a reseal is a HOS action? 

Oct 21, 2012 at 3:44:42 PM
Laserman (179)

(Joe ) < Bowser >
Oklahoma
No Adam, that is not what I am saying. I was saying openly encouraging a false PayPal claim because of buyer's remorse is not the right thing to do either.

Oct 21, 2012 at 3:53:57 PM
buyatari2 (30)

< Master Higgins >
United States

No Adam, that is not what I am saying. I was saying openly encouraging a false PayPal claim because of buyer's remorse is not the right thing to do either.

This should never have been sold. Anyone who buys it will have remorse. It is just a matter of how long it takes to find out that they bought a reseal.  

If the seller wasn't a member here but the buyer was then what would people say then?

Oct 21, 2012 at 4:27:51 PM
alekx (108)
(Alexander Kong) < Bowser >
Alberta
Im sorry but if you are spending $1500 on a game you may aswell read the description.

And refusing shipment and claiming not received is a shitty thing to do, if anything message the seller and do the right thing.

Oct 21, 2012 at 7:05:35 PM
buyatari2 (30)

< Master Higgins >
United States
Originally posted by: alekx

Im sorry but if you are spending $1500 on a game you may aswell read the description.

And refusing shipment and claiming not received is a shitty thing to do, if anything message the seller and do the right thing.

So is it ok to sell empty PS3  system boxes to bidders who don't read the description?

What if the game is opened and the instructions are missing or the cartridge is a Madden 96 cart?
As a bidder yes you should read the description. As a seller this should not have  been sold. 

Rules seem to change depending on the people involved. 
Defend the seller because he is a member here and bring out the pitchforks when another seller who is not a member sells reproductions clearly listed as reproductions. 

Oct 21, 2012 at 7:08:49 PM
barrels (149)
< Bowser >
California
He knows the buyer, and the buyer didn't read the description? I smell poop... seems too off.. but I digress.

Oct 21, 2012 at 7:21:18 PM
ADMINISTRATOR
B.A. (268)
(Brian P.) < Master Higgins >
Minnesota

So is it ok to sell empty PS3  system boxes to bidders who don't read the description?

What if the game is opened and the instructions are missing or the cartridge is a Madden 96 cart?
As a bidder yes you should read the description. As a seller this should not have  been sold. 

Defend the seller because he is a member here and bring out the pitchforks when another seller who is not a member sells reproductions clearly listed as reproductions. 

You are saying there is a double standard because the seller is a member, but the pitchforks always come out when someone sells an exact reproduction, member or not. So your example is flawed.

Oct 21, 2012 at 7:40:52 PM
buyatari2 (30)

< Master Higgins >
United States
Originally posted by: B.A.

You are saying there is a double standard because the seller is a member, but the pitchforks always come out when someone sells an exact reproduction, member or not. So your example is flawed.

This is the same thing as a reproduction.

This is a reproduction seal.

Oct 21, 2012 at 7:51:04 PM
ADMINISTRATOR
B.A. (268)
(Brian P.) < Master Higgins >
Minnesota
I can listen to that comparison.  It's a worthy discussion as the masses don't get as upset about reseals by and large just because there are less sealed collectors.

However implying that members get some sort of pass on reproduction carts, as you did initially is just plain false.

Edited: 10/21/2012 at 07:53 PM by B.A.

Oct 21, 2012 at 8:07:36 PM
buyatari2 (30)

< Master Higgins >
United States
Originally posted by: B.A.

I can listen to that comparison.  It's a worthy discussion as the masses don't get as upset about reseals by and large just because there are less sealed collectors.

However implying that members get some sort of pass on reproduction carts, as you did initially is just plain false.

I don't know the buyer or the seller. If I knew the user I'd tell him to back out if possible. 

I stand by my statement that members get the benefit of the doubt. Had this been purchased by a member here and sold by someone no one knows the replies besides the obvious "read the description next time dumbass" would be more sympathic to the buyer who was taken by a seller clearly not out to do the right thing.

Oct 21, 2012 at 8:22:20 PM
jonebone (554)
(Collector Extraordinaire) < Luigi >
Maryland
Has anyone provided proof this is a reseal though? I can't prove it either way, but it's questionable enough that I would want no part of it.

Plenty of SNES games came in Vertical Seam and non vertical variations... MMX, Contra, CV IV, SF II, etc. Just saying that you've seen it with a vertical seam isn't enough proof to say it's fake. I admit that I didn't look that close, but were there any obvious reseal signs like white creasing on the box flaps? Lack of ventholes? As of now I see no harm with the sale with the description worded the way it was.

WTB CIB MINT Games: NES - SNES - N64 - Sega Genesis - Turbografx 16
Last Beat: West of Loathing (Switch)
Now Playing: Overcooked 2 (Switch) / Spider-Man (PS4)
My eBay 10% off on NintendoAge! 
https://www.ebay.com/sch/jonebone...=

Edited: 10/21/2012 at 08:22 PM by jonebone

Oct 21, 2012 at 8:41:20 PM
buyatari2 (30)

< Master Higgins >
United States
A few years ago I bought a collection of reseals from another collector who was taken. These games that you see below were all sold as fake seals and they looked pretty good to the average eye at first sight. Before I sold them I made sure to remove the plastic myself. I didn't think anything of it and honestly I would have expected anyone here to do the exact same thing.

http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/...

Oct 21, 2012 at 8:47:55 PM
USFLegend (63)
(Adam ) < Kraid Killer >
Florida
Well I had no intention of this thread going in this direction but I am still glad I mad the post. I just don't see this variant that often and have never seen one sealed. My opinion on this game is that it is a reseal but honestly it is only an opinion like others. I am just glad that the seller was honest on this item to the best of their knowledge and even posted on this thread previously to explain himself. That is more then I could ever ask for in a seller and most would not of come forward if it was on purpose.

Oct 21, 2012 at 8:51:37 PM
buyatari2 (30)

< Master Higgins >
United States
Originally posted by: jonebone

Has anyone provided proof this is a reseal though? I can't prove it either way, but it's questionable enough that I would want no part of it.

Plenty of SNES games came in Vertical Seam and non vertical variations... MMX, Contra, CV IV, SF II, etc. Just saying that you've seen it with a vertical seam isn't enough proof to say it's fake. I admit that I didn't look that close, but were there any obvious reseal signs like white creasing on the box flaps? Lack of ventholes? As of now I see no harm with the sale with the description worded the way it was.

The Zombies is wrong in many ways and not just the wrong type of seal which is the nail in the coffin.

Pointing out all the flaws isn't something those in the know like to do because it educates those who are making these. A good reseal needs to be seen up close for a buyer to know for sure but this one..... well this one isn't even close.

When the most seasoned sealed collectors in the hobby today all agree that it is a fake then it should be considered such and not sold until proven otherwise. 

Oct 21, 2012 at 8:57:58 PM
buyatari2 (30)

< Master Higgins >
United States
Originally posted by: USFLegend

Well I had no intention of this thread going in this direction but I am still glad I mad the post. I just don't see this variant that often and have never seen one sealed. My opinion on this game is that it is a reseal but honestly it is only an opinion like others. I am just glad that the seller was honest on this item to the best of their knowledge and even posted on this thread previously to explain himself. That is more then I could ever ask for in a seller and most would not of come forward if it was on purpose.

This isn't what I would call being honest. This is covering your ass. Being honest is destroying the fake seal and selling it CIB if it is even CIB.

And the buyer he sold it to, will he "be honest" when he too passes it along to someone else? Someone somewhere is going to end up eating this. 

Oct 21, 2012 at 9:45:56 PM
Laserman (179)

(Joe ) < Bowser >
Oklahoma

This was the point I was trying to make too. It is one thing to jump on a cheap newly listed BIN and not get what you were expecting but it is something entirely different to pay 4 figures + for an item that has been listed for days and has a big disclaimer that says it might not be authentic. If you are paying that much $$ for something that is possibly not a factory seal you better do your homework before pulling the trigger.

Oct 21, 2012 at 10:36:23 PM
buyatari2 (30)

< Master Higgins >
United States

This was the point I was trying to make too. It is one thing to jump on a cheap newly listed BIN and not get what you were expecting but it is something entirely different to pay 4 figures + for an item that has been listed for days and has a big disclaimer that says it might not be authentic. If you are paying that much $$ for something that is possibly not a factory seal you better do your homework before pulling the trigger.

For sure the buyer made a mistake. Just as sure the seller was hoping someone would make that mistake in order to erase his own.

I'm shocked more people don't object to this type of listing but whatever as I don't know the buyer or the seller. I've said all I can. If you feel the seller was honest and find nothing wrong with the auction I can not change your minds.

Oct 22, 2012 at 7:12:34 AM
BalloonFight (233)
(Kyle Allen) < Ridley Wrangler >
California
If someone is willing to spend 4 figures on something AND they are a sealed collector (plus the fact that this was sitting on ebay for plenty of time), they would have to be an absolute moron to not look at the auctions description, and not get the opinions of other sealed collectors on the validity of the seal. It's stated in the auction that it most likely is a reseal and probably not real, and for the sake of the auction it will be noted as resealed. If someone wants to offer $1500, that's their business, but honestly they should figure it out or put some thought into it / ask other sealed experts first. There's plenty of pictures of it as well. It really isn't the sellers fault, regardless if it's a member here or not.

Always looking for early issues of these magazines: GameFan, Tips and Tricks, Electronic Gaming Monthly.
Don't be afraid to send me a PM if you have any of these. I would love to give you some games for your magazines. :)

Oct 22, 2012 at 8:31:25 AM
buyatari2 (30)

< Master Higgins >
United States
Originally posted by: BalloonFight

If someone is willing to spend 4 figures on something AND they are a sealed collector (plus the fact that this was sitting on ebay for plenty of time), they would have to be an absolute moron to not look at the auctions description, and not get the opinions of other sealed collectors on the validity of the seal. It's stated in the auction that it most likely is a reseal and probably not real, and for the sake of the auction it will be noted as resealed. If someone wants to offer $1500, that's their business, but honestly they should figure it out or put some thought into it / ask other sealed experts first. There's plenty of pictures of it as well. It really isn't the sellers fault, regardless if it's a member here or not.

Reproduction carts no good but reseals are ok. Got it. When do we invite Nick Morgan back?

Oct 22, 2012 at 8:34:40 AM
jonebone (554)
(Collector Extraordinaire) < Luigi >
Maryland
Maybe you should complain about this thread too:

http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/...

You can't complain about a potential Zombies reseal being sold, when someone sold a legit F2 board with a reproduction label. Things will happen in this hobby that skirt the boundaries, but if a seller discloses everything what more can you ask for?

WTB CIB MINT Games: NES - SNES - N64 - Sega Genesis - Turbografx 16
Last Beat: West of Loathing (Switch)
Now Playing: Overcooked 2 (Switch) / Spider-Man (PS4)
My eBay 10% off on NintendoAge! 
https://www.ebay.com/sch/jonebone...=

Oct 22, 2012 at 8:55:38 AM
buyatari2 (30)

< Master Higgins >
United States
Originally posted by: jonebone

Maybe you should complain about this thread too:

http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=3&...

You can't complain about a potential Zombies reseal being sold, when someone sold a legit F2 board with a reproduction label. Things will happen in this hobby that skirt the boundaries, but if a seller discloses everything what more can you ask for?

That is bullshit as well. 

I guess so long as no one here is burned do whatever you want. Problem is these games don't go away. We are shitting in our own pool and someone some where down the line will get burned with these very same games. When they trade hands two or three times and up buried in an untested as is lot on eBay we will see what people have to say then. The lot auction clearly stated as is untested no returns right?

Oct 22, 2012 at 2:34:49 PM
pegboy (44)
< Bowser >
Washington
That is my entire problem with "reproductions", reseals, and any other form of counterfeit. Someone, somewhere down the line is going to get scammed.

Oct 22, 2012 at 3:45:03 PM
maximus_clean (147)
(Curtis S) < King Solomon >
Canada

Originally posted by: USFLegend

This isn't what I would call being honest. This is covering your ass. Being honest is destroying the fake seal and selling it CIB if it is even CIB.

And the buyer he sold it to, will he "be honest" when he too passes it along to someone else? Someone somewhere is going to end up eating this. 

^This is exactly how I feel. It's so obvious it's a reseal he should have sold it as CIB, not put in a disclaimer saying it may or not be legit. The guy who bought this has been collecting sealed for a long time, but has never been 'into' collecting as much as we are. He saw the alt Zombies box and the word sealed and made an offer right away. Ya that was a dumb move, but he has missed out on this game before and didn't want to again. When he emailed me to ask me it was too late, I didn't advise him on what to do, except that he should always check with me before buying. He already mentioned to me that it was an 'expensive lesson' so looks like the super duper honest seller passed his problem onto someone else successfully and got $1200 for a $400 game.

Looking for VGA NES, SNES and more, have cash and many VGA to trade!

“Well, there is actual loss of cardboard in a spot or two”