NintendoAge http://nintendoage.com/forum/ -Sqooner What does the internet think of Nintendo Age http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=4&threadid=171245 2017-03-05T13:59:10 -05.00 ne$_pimp 54 Originally posted by: teh lurv

Originally posted by: AirVillain

This made me laugh.

Then I went to the website (is it yours teh lurv???) and laughed some more. Some pretty funny comics. Well done.

Nah, that isn't my comic site. I've seen that "I'm mad" comic re-captioned for video games/consoles and it seemed to apply equally well with NA haters.

Ah yes. Works well. ]]>
What does the internet think of Nintendo Age http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=4&threadid=171245 2017-03-05T13:51:50 -05.00 ne$_pimp 54 Originally posted by: AirVillain

This made me laugh.

Then I went to the website (is it yours teh lurv???) and laughed some more. Some pretty funny comics. Well done.

Nah, that isn't my comic site. I've seen that "I'm mad" comic re-captioned for video games/consoles and it seemed to apply equally well with NA haters.
  ]]>
What does the internet think of Nintendo Age http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=4&threadid=171245 2017-03-05T12:04:39 -05.00 ne$_pimp 54 Originally posted by: teh lurv

This made me laugh.

]]>
What does the internet think of Nintendo Age http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=4&threadid=171245 2017-03-04T20:27:04 -05.00 ne$_pimp 54 ]]> What does the internet think of Nintendo Age http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=4&threadid=171245 2017-02-18T18:20:48 -05.00 ne$_pimp 54   ]]> What does the internet think of Nintendo Age http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=4&threadid=171245 2017-02-18T18:20:03 -05.00 ne$_pimp 54   ]]> What does the internet think of Nintendo Age http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=4&threadid=171245 2017-02-18T16:05:51 -05.00 ne$_pimp 54 Originally posted by: ne$_pimp

Is this directed at me? Or a response to the general topic of the thread? It's a response to the people in the links you posted. This has nothing to do with you, mang  
  ]]>
What does the internet think of Nintendo Age http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=4&threadid=171245 2017-02-18T14:00:13 -05.00 ne$_pimp 54 Originally posted by: ne$_pimp

Is this directed at me? Or a response to the general topic of the thread?
Because I wasn't trying to attack you or the site Dain. And I certainty don't get a kick out of cutting folks down, never have. I think everyone knows that. My intentions for this thread was more of a surprise reaction that there was so much anger out there towards this community (which I enjoy) over a lot of stupid reasons (which I found some folks ignorance some what funny). I was hoping for a more constructive thread since I noticed NA rarely bashes other places or people on the web. I don't want to speak for him, but i think he definitely is not directing this towards you at all. But more towards the people constantly want to spew hate and tear this place down for whatever reason. 

I will say to add, i definitely do appreciate how neat and tidy the mods keep this place. It is a great place to be a part of, the best IMO, and i would never try to say they are not a huge part of why this place is so great. So i am sorry if my isolated incident remarks on specific instances with a mod have hurt anyone here. That wasn't my intention.  ]]>
What does the internet think of Nintendo Age http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=4&threadid=171245 2017-02-18T12:51:46 -05.00 ne$_pimp 54 Originally posted by: Dain

There have been plenty of ass chewings (from me to mods) and plenty of crow eatings (by me, after the mods showed me how wrong I was) to follow. More often than not, when I confront a mod or admin about something I didn't agree with, there's typically a very good reason for the action chosen. I feel compelled to defend the mods and admins here because without them, the site would be long gone. I can't run the site without their help, and they are, after all, human. The FAQ, Terms of Service and Privacy Policy each represent the different views of NintendoAge. I represent the views of NintendoAge. Mods and admins, when they voice their opinions, are representing themselves. For this reason the site is not liable for what a mod says. A mod, however, may be held liable for what a mod says. We have no morality clause and don't really want one. If a mod opines in a way that is counter to the official NA views, they're owning that view. Will it have consequences on staying a mod/admin? It might, it might not, but we've asked mods to step down before and I'm sure it'll happen again in the future. We all make mistakes, but I would suggest that mods/admins are overwhelmingly a positive to the site.

Back to the OP: people critical of NA can go elsewhere; the internet is huge and there are plenty of places to hang your hats. If this isn't your cup of tea, so be it, but don't ruin it for everyone else. The internet is full of hostility everywhere you look and I'd say that NA is actually one of the least hostile places I personally visit (been on FB or Twitter lately? I rest my case). I think people derive enjoyment in cutting down others, and when you cut down NintendoAge, you're cutting me down, personally. I take it very personally. I always have and always will. That's what I explained to Pat last time we spoke on the phone after his CU Podcast was very critical of NA, that his remarks toward NA only caused ME personal harm, because it was ME who had to spend days fighting off all the hack attacks his listeners sprang on me. Thankfully he followed up with a comment asking his users to stop trying to take down NA. The vitriol everywhere is shocking. People thinks it's OK to ruin things they don't like or agree with. So one mod on NA said something you didn't agree, so now it's OK to unleash a hate storm on the site?

Is this directed at me? Or a response to the general topic of the thread?
Because I wasn't trying to attack you or the site Dain. And I certainty don't get a kick out of cutting folks down, never have. I think everyone knows that. My intentions for this thread was more of a surprise reaction that there was so much anger out there towards this community (which I enjoy) over a lot of stupid reasons (which I found some folks ignorance some what funny). I was hoping for a more constructive thread since I noticed NA rarely bashes other places or people on the web.
  ]]>
What does the internet think of Nintendo Age http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=4&threadid=171245 2017-02-18T11:33:22 -05.00 ne$_pimp 54 Originally posted by: Dain

Originally posted by: captmorgandrinker

Originally posted by: arch_8ngel

Originally posted by: mattbep

We all know the rules. We all know what Jonas meant. GG's comment was meant to irk and annoy, it didn't need defended.

I see nothing wrong with what Jonas or I have said here, but I am of course biased. If another mod or admin sees something we are doing wrong, they'll let us know. But thank you for your input.
I'll be sure and let you know, too  

No reason to let you guys have all the fun behind closed doors, when a mod occassionally needs an ass chewing  

If they do, it'll be an admin or Dain doing it; not you or any other standard member.

There have been plenty of ass chewings (from me to mods) and plenty of crow eatings (by me, after the mods showed me how wrong I was) to follow. More often than not, when I confront a mod or admin about something I didn't agree with, there's typically a very good reason for the action chosen. I feel compelled to defend the mods and admins here because without them, the site would be long gone. I can't run the site without their help, and they are, after all, human. The FAQ, Terms of Service and Privacy Policy each represent the different views of NintendoAge. I represent the views of NintendoAge. Mods and admins, when they voice their opinions, are representing themselves. For this reason the site is not liable for what a mod says. A mod, however, may be held liable for what a mod says. We have no morality clause and don't really want one. If a mod opines in a way that is counter to the official NA views, they're owning that view. Will it have consequences on staying a mod/admin? It might, it might not, but we've asked mods to step down before and I'm sure it'll happen again in the future. We all make mistakes, but I would suggest that mods/admins are overwhelmingly a positive to the site.

Back to the OP: people critical of NA can go elsewhere; the internet is huge and there are plenty of places to hang your hats. If this isn't your cup of tea, so be it, but don't ruin it for everyone else. The internet is full of hostility everywhere you look and I'd say that NA is actually one of the least hostile places I personally visit (been on FB or Twitter lately? I rest my case). I think people derive enjoyment in cutting down others, and when you cut down NintendoAge, you're cutting me down, personally. I take it very personally. I always have and always will. That's what I explained to Pat last time we spoke on the phone after his CU Podcast was very critical of NA, that his remarks toward NA only caused ME personal harm, because it was ME who had to spend days fighting off all the hack attacks his listeners sprang on me. Thankfully he followed up with a comment asking his users to stop trying to take down NA. The vitriol everywhere is shocking. People thinks it's OK to ruin things they don't like or agree with. So one mod on NA said something you didn't agree, so now it's OK to unleash a hate storm on the site?
 I just wanted to say Thank you. Thanks Dain for putting this website together and running it so smoothly.

The mods DO do a great job of curtailing any nasty comments and it makes this place a fun/safe place to be.

I'm happy that yourself and Pat have a good enough relationship and you can explain to him the effect his comments have.

I don't want to shit talk anyone, but when I hear negative things about NA I feel compelled to defend the site. Maybe that's overstepping my boundaries, but this place is awesome and it sucks when people get fed so much misinformation and take other people's opinions as facts.

I will make sure any comments going forward are not nasty and are simply fact driven.

As others have said, it doesn't behoove us to be in a pissing match with Pat, so I'm happy Dain talked to him.

NA is a great place to be. Thanks to Dain and the mods who keep it running so smooth. I'll be happy to donate again to keep this place ad free and make sure you guys have all the resources you need to run the site.

Think about THAT. Ad free....? That's amazing! What other forum website even has that??? ANY? Seriously... This place is the bees knees.

I'm sorry if I've overstepped my boundaries defending the site... but I love this place. I'm just a tiny, miniscule, minute, barely even part of it, but I love being here. ]]>