Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

"Obama is from Kenya, Africa"

Apr 14, 2011 at 10:35:35 AM
Dinoellis (58)
(Dino Ellis) < Lolo Lord >
California
Lol you guys are lucky then (besides Joey). I was up all night thinking and dreaming about what could possibly be in those textuals.

Apr 14, 2011 at 12:09:53 PM
zi (73)
(Tom Rag) < King Solomon >
New York
Originally posted by: Paul

One more quote of the quote string and I'm going to lock this ok guys?

Debate is fine, unless quoting for no reason, not fine!

fair enough. 

I argue that this is silly and arguing against the argument is just as credible as arguing for one of the two "points." the "meta" argument argues that this argument is neither constructive nor destructive, it only serves as an exercise in futility, a da-da argument which has as much legitimacy as writing equations in a workbook.

If no one concedes a point, then there is no point in arguing, therefor either side of the argument has no point, therefor, any point or non-point is a valid argument, which is exemplified by the nonsense quotes.

also, have you READ the OP? he talks to his aunt about Obama and we're supposed to weigh in on it? If the OP said "hey, this is what I THINK" and "HERE's WHY" this "argument" would make SLIGHTLY more sense. 

meh, turns out after all this typing, I don't give a shit. gonna play some Twilight Struggle.

-------------------------

I AM ZI, CHIPTUNE ARTIST FOR THE NINTENDO ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM, COMPOSER OF BOTH BLEEPS AND BOPS, VIRTUOSO OF INSTRUMENT FABRICATION, MERCENARY OF THE RETRO MUSICAL SOUNDSCAPE! THE SEGA DEVELOPMENT GUYS KNOW ME AS KNUCKLES SPRINGSTEIN, THE LONG ISLANG GEEK SQUAD KNOW ME AS ABE ECKSTEIN'S BOY, AND I AM KNOWN IN CANADA AS THAT KEENER WHO ALWAYS GETS THE NUMBER TWO BREAKFAST COMBO AT TIMMIES... and there are other secret names you do not know of yet.

Apr 14, 2011 at 12:12:55 PM
NewUser123456789 (226)

(New User) < Bonk >
Other
Originally posted by: zi

meh, turns out after all this typing, I don't give a shit. gonna play some Twilight Struggle.

You made me bust out laughing and I spit all over my monitors with that line.

Thanks Zi.

Apr 14, 2011 at 12:16:26 PM
DestructoDisk (117)
(Timothy Patrick Vreeland) < King Solomon >
Nevada

Originally posted by: Paul

One more quote of the quote string and I'm going to lock this ok guys?

Debate is fine, unless quoting for no reason, not fine!

fair enough. 

I argue that this is silly and arguing against the argument is just as credible as arguing for one of the two "points." the "meta" argument argues that this argument is neither constructive nor destructive, it only serves as an exercise in futility, a da-da argument which has as much legitimacy as writing equations in a workbook.

If no one concedes a point, then there is no point in arguing, therefor either side of the argument has no point, therefor, any point or non-point is a valid argument, which is exemplified by the nonsense quotes.

also, have you READ the OP? he talks to his aunt about Obama and we're supposed to weigh in on it? If the OP said "hey, this is what I THINK" and "HERE's WHY" this "argument" would make SLIGHTLY more sense. 

People like to talk about politics. For me it's not about winning or losing, it's about hearing others ideas, learning, and sharing my own. Same thing with discussing video games, or 80's movies, or anything else someone is interested in. That is the whole point of forums, and one of the many uses for the "Everything Else" section in this particular forum. If that is not what you are here for, then why are you here? To debate that forums are futile? A great use of forums indeed, but kind of odd, and you have been a member here for a long time to just get that point across.

Edited: 04/14/2011 at 12:18 PM by DestructoDisk

Apr 14, 2011 at 12:18:14 PM
zi (73)
New York
dear god, jbo, have you PLAYED Twilight Struggle? maybe the best modern board game out there! where the hell is nathan, i'm sure he's rocked this game.

I AM ZI, CHIPTUNE ARTIST FOR THE NINTENDO ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM, COMPOSER OF BOTH BLEEPS AND BOPS, VIRTUOSO OF INSTRUMENT FABRICATION, MERCENARY OF THE RETRO MUSICAL SOUNDSCAPE! THE SEGA DEVELOPMENT GUYS KNOW ME AS KNUCKLES SPRINGSTEIN, THE LONG ISLANG GEEK SQUAD KNOW ME AS ABE ECKSTEIN'S BOY, AND I AM KNOWN IN CANADA AS THAT KEENER WHO ALWAYS GETS THE NUMBER TWO BREAKFAST COMBO AT TIMMIES... and there are other secret names you do not know of yet.

Apr 14, 2011 at 12:18:48 PM
DestructoDisk (117)
(Timothy Patrick Vreeland) < King Solomon >
Nevada
Never heard of it. I'll look it up.

-edit
Seems interesting. See why you mentioned it.

Edited: 04/14/2011 at 12:23 PM by DestructoDisk

Apr 14, 2011 at 12:35:58 PM
zi (73)
New York
these modern board games are quite complex. the living rules http://www.gmtgames.com/living_ru...

been using Vassal (vassalengine.org) to play (java based online engine) - they have most modern and classic games.

Apr 14, 2011 at 1:29:56 PM
buyatari2 (30)

< Master Higgins >
United States
In the United States every one has equal vote.

It doesn't matter if you don't have a freakin clue and can't tie your shoes. If you vote for someone because you like the way he looks or way he speaks your vote is still worth the same as someone with a PHD in political science.

Apr 14, 2011 at 1:36:02 PM
arch_8ngel (68)
(Nathan ?) < Mario >
Virginia

dear god, jbo, have you PLAYED Twilight Struggle? maybe the best modern board game out there! where the hell is nathan, i'm sure he's rocked this game.

I'll have to look into it.

The last board game I bought was the new edition of Space Hulk. (it's been awhile)

I'd still like to get a copy of Descent, though, and I keep meaning to pick up a copy of Wings of War.

And it's everything I can do when I go to Target to not buy the entire collection of Lego board games

Apr 14, 2011 at 1:40:23 PM
evilive138 (22)
(Mike Sherman) < El Ripper >
New Hampshire
Originally posted by: arch_8ngel

My only gripe about term limits is that they don't apply to senators or representatives.

Being a politician should not be a viable career. That is probably the main source of all problems in Washington.

If people knew they could only be in office for 8 years, they would be much, much more likely to do things that are not currently politically viable but ARE things we need done.

Holy crap i couldn't agree more!

Apr 14, 2011 at 1:46:35 PM
buyatari2 (30)

< Master Higgins >
United States
Originally posted by: Tanooki

It's in the federal laws going way back to the early days you have to be born within the country or one of its territories, or on American soil(ie: US base in a foreign country) or you can't be president. McCain wasn't born in the US, his old ass was born in Panama when we owned the land by the canal for example. The problem with Obama is he feels he's above listening to the birthers and will not release a true birth certificate and instead a halfass birth announcement has been made public. Either there is one and he's legal, or there isn't and the cranks aren't so cranky after all.

I do wonder though, in theory, if he is Kenyan for this argument, if it came out after he was out in 2012, 2016 or somewhere within a 1st or 2nd term -- what would happen? He would be committing a federal felony being in that position and also for perjuring himself to legal authorities when he made the run for the office. That could get amazingly ugly with the highly partisan lefty media we have, Fox's opinion nightly people would have a field day, and Congress probably would implode into some black hole of stupidity and shenanigans I bet.

No one knows for 100% certainity.

Because Hawaii wasn't yet a state and the way things were set up it is near impossible to prove at this point that he was born in Hawaii. In turn the only way one could prove that he was born in Kenya would be if he or his parents stated so. 

Obama DOES have a birt certificate and that is not the problem. In those days Hawaii wasn't yet a state and you just applied for one at a later date. It is possible he was born elsewhere and then applied for a birth certificate. Knowing that Hawaii would become a state and knowing that being born in the United States has always had advantages over being born in a place like Kenya it is feasable to believe that parents might make this choice.

Does it matter? In this case I really don't think so. He pretty much has lived here his whole life and Kenya isn't a huge part of today's issues a president must deal with.

Imagine however someone not born here who perhaps lived most of his life somewhere else. If president such person might make decisions that would benefit that other country over our own. Take it further, Imagine that county was involved in a war and the president had land and family there. Also imagine a foreign country that had designs to place someone at the head of our government. Crazy as that sounds without the rule all they would need is the majority of the vote.

So to play it safe it just stated that you have to be born here.

Edited: 04/14/2011 at 01:50 PM by buyatari2

Apr 14, 2011 at 1:55:03 PM
bunnyboy (81)
(Funktastic B) < Master Higgins >
California
Ummm Hawaii was a state in 1959. Obama was born (somewhere!) in 1961.

Apr 14, 2011 at 3:01:30 PM
cradelit (21)
(crade lit) < Bowser >
Alberta
I can't believe this thread got back on topic after that quote piramid

GRRR!

Apr 14, 2011 at 4:25:04 PM
Tanooki (185)
(The Wind Waker) < Bonk >
Kentucky
Good argument there buyatari, but bunny is right, it was a state for 2 years at that rate. Also he lived there off and on, lived in Indonesia I believe it was for a while too.

Apr 15, 2011 at 4:53:21 PM
cradelit (21)
(crade lit) < Bowser >
Alberta
Originally posted by: Tanooki

It's in the federal laws going way back to the early days you have to be born within the country or one of its territories, or on American soil(ie: US base in a foreign country) or you can't be president. McCain wasn't born in the US, his old ass was born in Panama when we owned the land by the canal for example. The problem with Obama is he feels he's above listening to the birthers and will not release a true birth certificate and instead a halfass birth announcement has been made public. Either there is one and he's legal, or there isn't and the cranks aren't so cranky after all.

I do wonder though, in theory, if he is Kenyan for this argument, if it came out after he was out in 2012, 2016 or somewhere within a 1st or 2nd term -- what would happen? He would be committing a federal felony being in that position and also for perjuring himself to legal authorities when he made the run for the office. That could get amazingly ugly with the highly partisan lefty media we have, Fox's opinion nightly people would have a field day, and Congress probably would implode into some black hole of stupidity and shenanigans I bet.

Or better yet, what if he was born there but his parents lied to him and told him he was born in Hawaii and he believed them (you pretty much gotta take their word for it hehe) would it be his parents that got in trouble?

GRRR!

Apr 16, 2011 at 5:33:52 PM
wrldstrman (107)
(doug prickett) < Master Higgins >
West Virginia
If he wasnt born in the US ARNOLD IN 2012

Old aunts used to come up to me at weddings, poking me in the ribs and cackling, telling me, "You're next." They stopped after I started doing the same thing to them at funerals.

Apr 16, 2011 at 8:25:26 PM
Tanooki (185)
Kentucky
Cradelit probably so, it would technically be considered fraud I imagine, or at least misrepresentation of some kind.

Apr 27, 2011 at 9:39:49 AM
Battymo (100)
(Scrubb'n Nutz) < King Solomon >
Nova Scotia
Not that I really care... but....

Apr 27, 2011 at 9:43:11 AM
burdger (152)
(Ross Burdge) < Bowser >
Ohio

Edited: 04/27/2011 at 09:49 AM by burdger

Apr 27, 2011 at 9:44:17 AM
SamSpade (61)
(Joey Pimkowski) < Bowser >
California
Originally posted by: burdger

Ok, here you go...

http://www.yahoo.com/_ylt=ArrQsqFZ0_vsZK3KMv4ejZ.bvZx4;_ylu=... **http%3A//news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_theticket/20110427/ts_yblog_theticket/white-house-releases-obama-birth-certificate

That link is broken and Batty's pic doesn't show up for me. Just sayin...

Apr 27, 2011 at 9:54:35 AM
jonebone (554)
(Collector Extraordinaire) < Luigi >
Maryland

WTB CIB MINT Games: NES - SNES - N64 - Sega Genesis - Turbografx 16
Last Beat: West of Loathing (Switch)
Now Playing: Overcooked 2 (Switch) / Spider-Man (PS4)
My eBay 10% off on NintendoAge! 
https://www.ebay.com/sch/jonebone...=

Apr 27, 2011 at 9:55:13 AM
burdger (152)
(Ross Burdge) < Bowser >
Ohio
fix'd

Apr 27, 2011 at 9:55:41 AM
themotherbrain (93)
(> ROB <) < King Solomon >
New York
The problem is that those who don't believe still won't because that is a certificate of live birth which isn't the same. This is the same form people are disputing.

No Ninja Rap = No Thanks. 

Check out my FS thread here -
http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/...

Edited: 04/27/2011 at 09:56 AM by themotherbrain

Apr 27, 2011 at 12:41:41 PM
Tanooki (185)
Kentucky
Perhaps, depends how you want to take it if you read more than just the header. It does say on Line 6A the place and island, though no address it doesn't need it as the hospital is listed, but I could see some conspiracy whacko taking issue with that still. He did bring it on himself as he wouldn't put this shit out before for like the last three years bringing that harassment on himself.

Apr 27, 2011 at 12:43:35 PM
Red Pens (0)
(Graym Adder) < Cherub >
Canada
I pretty much agree 100% with this video, and also Donald Trump is a chode.